Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never. And I mean never actually sat in a w126 ever.

Over the weekend I went to the junk yard where I saw at least 7 or more of these cars. I found one with a good drivers seat and sat down.

It was quite comfy. A 20+ year old car in a junkyard was quite comfortable.

Just my observation. I can't wait to get a w126!! I have a feeling next year I'll be hunting one down.

·
Registered
W126, R107, W210 AMG, W221
342 Posts
I never. And I mean never actually sat in a w126 ever.

Over the weekend I went to the junk yard where I saw at least 7 or more of these cars. I found one with a good drivers seat and sat down.

It was quite comfy. A 20+ year old car in a junkyard was quite comfortable.

Just my observation. I can't wait to get a w126!! I have a feeling next year I'll be hunting one down.
Haha! Wait till you drive it! You'll feel good :)

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
This. Never been in a better car than my W126. And she's worn out too.
Ditto. And I have driven in plenty of luxury cars, both modern and old. It absolutely blows away my buddy's practically new DTS, except for obviously the leather is nicer in his. Even with the super bouncy worn out springs in the back seat, passengers back there still comment on how amazing the ride quality was several months later. I think I even converted a long time beemer fan to benz after a ride.

·
Registered
1990 R129
75 Posts
Ditto. And I have driven in plenty of luxury cars, both modern and old. It absolutely blows away my buddy's practically new DTS, except for obviously the leather is nicer in his. Even with the super bouncy worn out springs in the back seat, passengers back there still comment on how amazing the ride quality was several months later. I think I even converted a long time beemer fan to benz after a ride.
The only other cars I can think of that have sprung seats are the Lexus LS and probably Rolls/Bentley.
The rest are all just foam pads.

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,132 Posts
The only other cars I can think of that have sprung seats are the Lexus LS and probably Rolls/Bentley.
The rest are all just foam pads.
I know, a lot of people complain about these seats but I think theirs must just be worn out. The seats were all hand assembled and very thoughtfully designed, I find them lush. Now that I've experienced proper sprung seats, the foam pads of other cars seem bizarre.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts