Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
reaching out hoping someone can assist me. I replaced the module #1248204826 which works but I understand the windows need to be synced as they go down every time I start the car. Is someone able to walk me through that process? Or, at least please point me in the right direction? Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your assistance. Regards

·
Premium Member
2014 G550, 2000 SL500, 1995 E320 Cabriolet, 1980 TR8
1,327 Posts
arvenica -

No syncing should be necessary on W124. Do you have a convertible? I believe the part number you gave (1248204826) is the comfort module for the cabriolet (and made of unobtainium as they are NLA), which, if you don't have a convertible, would explain why the windows roll down when you start the car. The cabriolet specific module re-uses what would normally be the sunroof connections to talk to the roof controller so that it can roll down all of the windows when you put the top down. Therefore, installing one on a sedan/coupe with a sunroof could cause some strange behavior.

If you don't have a convertible, you need to get a comfort module for a sedan/coupe. Also, if you don't have a convertible, so you want to sell the module you have (I have a convertible)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, we have a ‘95 e320 Cabriolet. I was able to locate the comfort control module to replace our original one and it’s working but when it was installed the windows now go down every time car is started.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
You were lucky to find one! Does your "auto down" feature work properly?

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
As a follow up, if your auto down feature is working, you could try:
  • The "sync" procedure (for later models) is to roll down each window with the doors closed and the key on and hold for 3-5 seconds, or roll up each window with the doors closed and the key on and hold for 3-5 seconds. Never had to do that on my cabriolet.
  • Check the connectors/connections to the CCU - make sure there are no bent/broken pins. AN open circuit on the com link between the controllers could cause odd issues.
  • Try resetting the CCU and the top controller by disconnecting the battery for about 5 minutes and see if that helps.
If not, there might be either a fault with the new (used) CCU or there is now a fault in the top controller.

Reactions: Jayare

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the auto down feature is working but the about suggestion for syncing didn’t work; in other words the windows roll down when car is started

1 - 6 of 6 Posts