Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a source for a new combo instrument for a 406(the gauge on the right). $250 from Germany, is that a fair price?

I also have a nonfunctioning tachograph instrument that I want to replace. Would this be interchangable with a speedometer from a Case? If so how accurate would it be in MPH and how available would one be?

Daniel

·
Registered
406 406 406 406 406
72 Posts
I saw a combo gauge in a catalog awhile back. I can't seem to find it right now but I'm looking. It was a combo gauge like the original. When I find the catalog I'll post it. Post more details on the German one you found.
DD

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi DD! It's the standard instrument cluster as far as I know (1975).

On top is the brake warning light, on the left is turn signal lamp, oil pressure gauge and high beam lamp.

center is brake pressure gauge, bottom is fuel gauge,

on right is trailer signal lamp, coolant temp gauge, charge indicator lamp

Thanks, Daniel

·
Registered
419 Posts
It all depends how you at look at it, if you compare it to a Chevy truck it sounds expensive.
Unimogs are priced within the industrial grade structure because that’s what they are, industrial equipment and as such they are in line, if you went and bought a similar gage for a Caterpillar you may even pay more. We should be happy that most items are readily available, it costs a lot to keep an inventory for such a small number of vehicles produced long ago, throw the Euro vs. dollar exchange rate and the fact that has to be shipped all the way from Germany and it does not take much to arrive to these figures.

If you wonder whether the particular source or dealer is scalping you, I don’t think so (For what I remember since I bought those same items several years ago) but is like this, don’t expect the guy on the other end to go and hunt the part and do all the leg work for a couple of Euros, I don’t think so.

I learned to accept the prices to restore my Mog because I looked at it like it was a once in a lifetime shot to fulfill a lifetime dream.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello again Andrew! Well the part is gone now so it is moot. It wasn't being offer by a dealer, but a private sale and I had no idea what so ever what they sell for. I will just have to track down another.

I would still be interested to know if the Case M94 speedometer will retrofit the 406, if anyone knows?

Thank you Kindly, Daniel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts