Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
c230
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm a new benzo owner, so i would like to know what this COMAND thing is that i keep hearing about...?[8D]

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
It is a cd-rom based navigation system that also has the radio included. It can be used...

It is a cd-rom based navigation system that also has the radio included. It can be used as a cd player when not navigating, and can control the factory cd-changer. It also intergrates with the cell phone. It can be used as a display for video.

·
Registered
c230
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
COMAND

i spoke with the dealer and they said that i can't put the COMAND system in my car because it would require alot of work and would cost around $6000 CDN if i did have to put it in...they also said that they wouldn't do it

·
Registered
2002 E55
70 Posts
Hey MNG,If you want to see my COMAND retrofit on my E55 and CLK55 just let me know. ...

Hey MNG,

If you want to see my COMAND retrofit in my E55 and CLK55 just let me know. I am in Toronto every 2 weeks during the weekend. To this day, my dealer is still shock with my retrofits and they told me it couldn't be done also. What year is your car?

John

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
Your dealer would die to see the Euro spec COMAND in my C230k coupe. It cost $1500 inst...

Your dealer would die to see the Euro spec COMAND in my C230k coupe. It cost US$1500 installed. The installation really isn't all that hard.

·
Registered
CLK 320 2004
23 Posts
Comand

Installed the US Comand with TV enabled from Steve last week in my 2004 CLK. Went in really easy and works like a charm. BTW, delaer still thinks that it cannot be done.

·
Registered
c230
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Hey MNG,If you want to see my COMAND retrofit on my E55 and CLK55 just let me know. ...

Hey MNG,

If you want to see my COMAND retrofit in my E55 and CLK55 just let me know. I am in Toronto every 2 weeks during the weekend. To this day, my dealer is still shock with my retrofits and they told me it couldn't be done also. What year is your car?

John
HEY..JOHNAMG HOW DO I GET A HOLD OF YOU...YOU CAN E-MAIL ME AT [email protected] WE'LL SET SOMETHING UP...THANKS

·
Registered
C-230-K // ML-320
2 Posts
Re: Your dealer would die to see the Euro spec COMAND in my C230k coupe. It cost $1500 inst..

Your dealer would die to see the Euro spec COMAND in my C230k coupe. It cost US$1500 installed. The installation really isn't all that hard.
Hi Lynn !!!

Just got my new C230K (2003)almost fully loaded . Only the COMMAND is missing, the deal $$ was so perfect so I couldnt let it go even if I was requiring one w/Command. We also own a ML320 and I'm 100% command driven and that why I'd like to Know if some one could help with the following questions:

A) Is the Command 100% integrable with the actual features
- CD Changer
- Stering Wheel controls

B) Is it done by oficial MB service ??

C) How much doesit cost to buy it and have it installed and integrated with the existing equipement ?

Does Mercedes keep the terms of the guaranty for the car even when having a Command retrofit installation done ?

THANKS FOR THE ANSWERS

KARIM

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
A great guy from Holland can do that for you which the dealer would say not possible or wh...

A great guy from Holland can do that for you which the dealer would say not possible or what a lot of your arm and leg. Steve comes to the States every now and then to install Command for people who want one. I think Steve did Lynn's car too. He is probably the best guy to work on your new car if you live in the USA, he can help you or if you live in Holland which is better.

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
[quote]A) Is the Command 100% integrable with the actual features
- CD Changer
- Ster...

A) Is the Command 100% integrable with the actual features
- CD Changer
- Stering Wheel controls
The COMAND is exactly the same as the ones which are installed by the factory. They have the same functionality as stock because they are stock. Everything works perfectly.

B) Is it done by oficial MB service ??
Very few dealers, if any, in the US will install it. You car make arrangements with Steve to install it, or you can use the included wiring loom and install it yourself, or have a stereo shop do the work. It is plug and play. You will have to have the dealer set navigation to present in order to show route instructions in the multifunction display in the instrument panel.

C) How much doesit cost to buy it and have it installed and integrated with the existing equipement ?
The approximate cost is $1300 to $1500 depending on whether you get a US or Euro spec COMAND. If you don't live on either the East or West coast of the US, you will have to pay Steve's airfare and provide lodging and food if you want him to do the installation. The US spec COMANDS come with a factory warranty on the unit. Neither will void the warranty on the car.

·
Registered
c230
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think in order to get T.V mode you would have to bring it to the dealer...

i think in order to get T.V mode you would have to bring it to the dealer

·
Registered
25 Posts
how can I get a hold of Steve?

I have a 2003 cl500 and want to hook up the tv tuner on my car can anyone help me I live in the west coast

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Re: how can I get a hold of Steve?

I have a 2003 cl500 and want to hook up the tv tuner on my car can anyone help me I live in the west coast
E-mail him: [email protected]

There are installation locations in SoCal and NorCal, and occasional trips to the PacNW.

-s-

1 - 14 of 14 Posts