Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CLK55
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am retrofitting my 2004 CLK55 with a European COMAND 2.0 (TV enabled). I have purchased the COMAND retrofit and aux harness. I have swapped the pins from the C connector to the C1 & C2 connector. But where do you plug in the D2B Wakeup and Canbus connectors on the retrofit harness. I have read that it is in the drivers door sill, I don't see anything to plug into? Is it by the drivers front seat sill, center console or near the front fuse panel? Can anyone help me with more info.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
RK-CLK55 - 4/10/2005 1:43 PM

I am retrofitting my 2004 CLK55 with a European COMAND 2.0 (TV enabled). I have purchased the COMAND retrofit and aux harness. I have swapped the pins from the C connector to the C1 & C2 connector. But where do you plug in the D2B Wakeup and Canbus connectors on the retrofit harness. I have read that it is in the drivers door sill, I don't see anything to plug into? Is it by the drivers front seat sill, center console or near the front fuse panel? Can anyone help me with more info.
I think you are confusing two sets of information into one.

The physical removal of the old 10 pin ISO connector gives you wires that you must insert into C1 and C2. This seems to be the part you did correctly.

your question about CAN and Wakeup only applies to the FACTORY harness which it seems you are not installing because you are going to chop connectors.

So as far as I know you should be good to go.

The factory harness has
- C1 / C2
- CD stacker harness
- AUX sound (door sill socket)
- Wakeup line distributor (you already have one)
- CAN plug

Notice that it runs to both sides of the car to the door sills.

·
Registered
2004 CLK55
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, the Command is now working.

Hooked up the TV Tuner, appears to be working, still need an antenna. Does any one know where a person can a pdf on a TV Tuner manual or what the part # might be to order one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts