Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got all excited about updating the firmware in my COMAND so I could have the Mercedes splash screen at startup and mostly I was excited for the Intelligetn Speller...however, I have not been successful.

It appears the geocities DL site only has a firmware update for the Euro version. I have a US version.

Does anyone have any links/hints/suggestions on where I can get a US version firmware update.

I burned the Euro version ISO but when I try to update it only comes up with a - under the New Date. My old date remains Dec 9 1999.

Anything? Anyone?
TIA,
Jim

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,241 Posts
You know... as long as you live in the US, you can get the COMAND updated or the CD from t...

You know... as long as you live in the US, you can get the COMAND updated or the CD from the dealer service. Those people with European COMANDs in the US cannot just go to the dealership for these CDs.

-s-

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
= ) right!

ah right. Las Vegas feels like another planet sometimes, heh, although it just might be that I am on another planet!

Can I carry on my cluelessness by asking if there is a significant charge for it?

I was hoping to avoid that by simply doing it myself.

Thanks for you help!

Jim

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,241 Posts
Re: = ) right!

ah right. Las Vegas feels like another planet sometimes, heh, although it just might be that I am on another planet!

Can I carry on my cluelessness by asking if there is a significant charge for it?

I was hoping to avoid that by simply doing it myself.

Thanks for you help!

Jim
If it's under warranty, it should be free! If not, then the dealer will decide the cost... [:(]

-s-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts