Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my C320 with all options, except Comand System last December. Is eveyone know that can i add the comand system in USA, and how much is it cost ?! <br>
<br>
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
me too

the only thing that regret me from buying this car is I do not put a command in it.<br> I really wanted a nav sys in my car<br> so I was thinking of alpine

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Comand System

All I heard so far (from dealers and car owners) is that you have to choose your gadgets when ordering the car. Adding 'small things' such as a CD changer afterwards is not a problem, but for adding a telephone (but this is standard in the US as far as I know), TV or Comand the problem is not the head unit, but the cables, antenas, etc. This means it's not only very expensive because you might have to change additional stuff such as the rear window (that contains some of the antenas), the cabling through the car ... and apart from the parts, this will cost you many hours of labour.<br> <br> I'm really happy that I ordered my car with all the options, because I know that after some time I would have wanted to 'upgrade' if I had missed out some of the gadgets ...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm dealing with COMAND since 2 months, trying<br> to retrofit TV tuner into it. By the way, i've<br> learned a lot of interesting information from<br> the right source - authorized dealer inquiried<br> head office several times about installation<br> details.<br> <br> So you can retrofit TV tuner, CD Changer,<br> and Telephone option after the car has been<br> completely assembled. However, it will cost<br> a lot of money.<br> But they refused to give out details about<br> installing COMAND into the car that was<br> originally lacking COMAND. They just said<br> that it is technically impossible.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Does Command have AUX video/audio inputs? for DVDs....

There is an AUX audio input located on<br> the right side of the glove box. There is<br> no direct video input, however, RGB video<br> input is easily accessible on the rear<br> panel of COMAND head unit. To make use of it,<br> you need to recode head unit using HHT,<br> StarDiagnose or similar factory tool.<br> Primary use of this video input is the<br> onboard TV tuner, but this i presume that<br> this is just bare RGB input so it could<br> be used anyway.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you fit a Alpine TV and DVD/Nav unit? Cost will be about $2000...

I haven't looked at the new C in detail, so i don't know if it has a double din to fit it...actually, might be getting a new C soon..the 280 is starting to cost too much to maintain...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Can you fit a Alpine TV and DVD/Nav unit? Cost will be about $2000...

Yes, it is a double DIN unit. It would be cool to see someone to a custom job and install the Alpine CVA-1005, the Alpine DVD navi, and the Alpine DVD as I have seen done in an S class.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts