Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 S500 with Sport Package
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All:

I have a 2006 S500. Got car detailed interior, exterior, Saturday from the same shop that has done it for five years. When I picked the car up the Comand system was possessed.

It would cyle on and off, between radio, phone (don't have phone) , Nav, off etc. This did not stop when key turned off and car exited.

Eventually I borrowed tools, (took mine out of trunk for detailing) and disconnected battery. Unit then powered off, eliminating most supernatural solutions. Upon reconnecting battery, same sequence. It was literally changing two times a second to random functions.

Disconnected and reconnected again and the unit seemed to "settle" down. It got progressively better, but has seemed to reach a "steady state" where just a few buttons are "reprogammed". All buttons on the extreme right and left seem to work flawlessly. THe interior buttons, the upper left button ( The one you would use to select "Time", in order to reset in System mode, will always act like the "Serv" button. The lower left interior button, will always mimic the "Map" button. The eject button at the bottom row acts like a "phone" button.

I.E. no access to in car DVD/CD changer. The multi-cd can be selected but then when you want to exit to radio, you cannot select between AM/Fm because that button is "remapped".

I disconnected and reconnected again this morning with similar results.

Any suggestions?

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2006 S500 with Sport Package
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sky:

It appears the buttons must have gotten wet as normal service returned after 3 to four days.

I have used the same detail shop for 6 years. The last time my DCM in the drivers door got wet as well. I have also done that to myself with window down, in driveway, when I dozed off on couch.

Thank you again for your reply and all the help you give.

Jeff

·
Registered
S550 4-Matic
86 Posts
All:

I have a 2006 S500. Got car detailed interior, exterior, Saturday from the same shop that has done it for five years. When I picked the car up the Comand system was possessed.

It would cyle on and off, between radio, phone (don't have phone) , Nav, off etc. This did not stop when key turned off and car exited.

Eventually I borrowed tools, (took mine out of trunk for detailing) and disconnected battery. Unit then powered off, eliminating most supernatural solutions. Upon reconnecting battery, same sequence. It was literally changing two times a second to random functions.

Disconnected and reconnected again and the unit seemed to "settle" down. It got progressively better, but has seemed to reach a "steady state" where just a few buttons are "reprogammed". All buttons on the extreme right and left seem to work flawlessly. THe interior buttons, the upper left button ( The one you would use to select "Time", in order to reset in System mode, will always act like the "Serv" button. The lower left interior button, will always mimic the "Map" button. The eject button at the bottom row acts like a "phone" button.

I.E. no access to in car DVD/CD changer. The multi-cd can be selected but then when you want to exit to radio, you cannot select between AM/Fm because that button is "remapped".

Any suggestions?

Jeff
Hello I have the exact same problem on my 06 cls 500 I was messing around i secret nav menu ( nav+5) an d my command behaves exactly the same way as you decribe here I wrote to Mbnl and they told me that I should buy knew but I was thinking if there is a way to reinstall software like when u reinstall windows on a pc

·
Registered
S550 4-Matic
86 Posts
All:

Any suggestions?

Jeff
Hello I have the exact same problem on my 06 cls 500 I was messing around i secret nav menu ( nav+5) an d my command behaves exactly the same way as you decribe here I wrote to Mbnl and they told me that I should buy knew but I was thinking if there is a way to reinstall software like when u reinstall windows on a pc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts