Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport AMG 18" Type V Wheels and Bodykit Package - Video In Motion Mod!!
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Holidays all.

The COMAND screen in my 2008 C300 looks very hazy in daylight. I tried to clean it using water only and a microfiber towel. It isn't getting any better. I have read that it is just the anti-glare coating smudging up and some have used products to completely remove it with no ill-effects. Some have used Meguire's PLASTX and others have used metal polish. Once the anti-glare coating is completely gone, they say it looks "like new". Some are putting anti glare sheets from NuView and some are leaving it alone after cleaning. The threads I found were in other forums, and not necessarily our C Class.

Does anyone here have experience in removing the anti-glare coating on the COMAND screen of a C Class?

It looks bad now in daylight...but I don't want to completely mess it up.

Thanks,
Haze

·
Registered
2008 C350 Blk with Gray (sold), 2011 E550 Cab, 1986 Porsche 911 Carrera/Targa 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback
230 Posts
I can understand your concern because IMO that should not be happening this early on. However, since the car is still under the factory warranty why not just take it to the dealer and have them either repair or replace it with no cost or worries about screwing it up. If you attempt to correct it with some aftermarket product or cleaning technique and further damage it or even alter the the coating applied by the manufacturer, then i would think any warranty claims now or in the future would be invalid from their perspective. I personally would opt to first complain to the dealer and see if the warranty would cover it. Afterall that is part of what we paid for!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts