Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 S211
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some struggle with ejecting the nav 5 DVD and replaced it with nav 8 Europe i still have same navigation problem, the the street i live is on the map with name but when i leave main road to the smaller road i live on the voice navigation says something like there is no guidance for this area look for direction on the arrow, but the correct name of the street i driving on is sown on screen, and i cannot find the name of the street in route entering dos any of you have answer for that behavior ?

·
Registered
1976 Rover Mini; 2003 Z06; 2011 smart fortwo Passion
167 Posts
All I can think from experiencing the same thing on our 07 is that the Mercedes nav discs do not go down to the level of detail that most portable GPS units show. Unfortunate, but I don't know of a fix. :)

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,428 Posts
All I can think from experiencing the same thing on our 07 is that the Mercedes nav discs do not go down to the level of detail that most portable GPS units show. Unfortunate, but I don't know of a fix. :)
But this was a Euro car and the Navteq map data for Europe is very detailed, at least for the area I'm familiar with.

OP could mention where he drives the car, V8 maps does sound like quite old specifically for a region in Europe where Navteq added coverage very recently.

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
21,801 Posts
That is an old revision for the European maps. They are up to v11 or v12 now.

·
Registered
2006 S211
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is V11 now but i only had access to V8 because the dealer was closed this weekend, I find it strange that a map at same price as a complete navigation unis has so poor information and no house numbers on small roads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts