Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I have been installing a reversing camera to a W164 facelift with the NTG2.5 Comand system.

I have SDS with developer mode but I cannot find the right menu to activate the reversing camera.

I have the key gens for developer mode but maybe I am not getting the developer menus for the Comand unit.

Rodney who seems exstremely helpful on the forum has detailed how he used SDS on his SL R230, I don't seem to get the menus as listed.

In this thread Rodney has said he would put a screen shot of the procedure but I can't find it.

Can anyone help with the developer mode SDS procedure screen by screen to activate the Fakra input?

Considering I've successfully updated my firmware to 9.29 from 9.09 with SDS and recoded injectors etc. I think I probably don't have the full developer mode for the Comand but any help,would be really appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
It isn't your developer licence issue. Either you have to do it via SCN coding (update your datacard first) or perhaps you can do it directly from the head unit engineering menus.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diesel Benz,

It was the software.

Someone on here was seriously in the know and discovered that developer mode does not enable the Comand ntg2.5. I uploaded a patch then it was easy. Straight into Comand, changed to camera fitted.
The engineering menus didn't have nothing about camera.
Look at the sticky in telematics.
All done, looks factory, great in the dark too.
Thanks for trying to help.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Would be interesting to know more about the patch. Not familiar with the 164 but on the 211 at least the problem with fresh diagnosis SW is that the SW "knows that NTG2.5 cannot exist in the vehicle of this MY". Perhaps the fix enables access to an NTG2.5 instead of the older NTG1 (or what ever it is in the ML case). Can you switch between the two Command versions now, if diagnosing two similar cars?

EDIT: googling a bit I figured it out, they bring the menus back from an older diagnosis release. Very convenient, no need to run multiple copies.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I needed to upgrade the ntg2.5 firmware to read the sat nav discs I had to use offline programming so I have two hard drives, one with 11/2012 for offline programming and a later version for later models. Using a D630 Dell

·
Registered
4 Posts
Diesel Benz,

It was the software.

Someone on here was seriously in the know and discovered that developer mode does not enable the Comand ntg2.5. I uploaded a patch then it was easy. Straight into Comand, changed to camera fitted.
.....EDIT: googling a bit I figured it out, they bring the menus back from an older diagnosis release. Very convenient, no need to run multiple copies.
Any chance you could please point me in same direction?

I have exactly the same problem with SDS on a Dell 630 with DVD 09 2014 Rev: 4065.

I can get into Development Data for lots of other things but not for NTG2.5 which is the only thing I want into. ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will try and find the patch it’s a while ago though it must be on a past thread or I may have used mhh auto website

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had to use a patch in the bmp files from memory, it then brings up the NTG2.5
I will try and find the patch it’s a while ago though it must be on a past thread or I may have used mhh auto website
Many thanks. :thumbsup:

I've been googling all day trying to find info on it but not had any luck.

It was only through luck that I found this thread after failing to understand why I could get Development Data on some modules but not on the NTG2.5.
I eventually figured there must be something not quite right. :wink

·
Registered
4 Posts
Many thanks, sorted this morning in 5 minutes.

For reference had to download mnTGW001.s patch file and copy this to the F:\Programme\Das\trees\pkw\most\tgw3\menues folder.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts