Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 E320 Bluetec Avantgarde
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While trying to find a workaround for the BlackBerry Z10 bluetooth issues since their last upgrade, I noted that the search for devices finds a MAC of 00:00:00:00:00:00 as well as my phone. Wondering what that MAC could be for, I went into the engineering mode to poke around. In there I found the MAC for the bluetooth itself (that the phone sees when it makes the connection) and a screen that lets you set the MAC for the 'BTPC'... this is what is currently all zeros. Looking at other screens I think BTPC is 'BlueTooth Phone Connector'. Given the MAC is configurable, I'm thinking that's a software device... MAC should always be fixed if a hardware device.

So what is this thing, and should it have a legitimate MAC address?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like its looking for a comfort phone cradle mac address.
That's interesting... I searched around for the cradle and it's a strange thing... sounds like it is built for specific phone models, has its own SIM card reader and USB charging.

So am I to understand that it connects physically to the cell phone and then connects via Bluetooth to the COMAND unit? That is, the phone's bluetooth is not used? Or do you connect the phone the cradle via bluetooth and the cradle then connects to COMAND via bluetooth? Hard to figure how this is would be useful and not simply confusing!

The BTPC references could then be safely ignored I would infer... they won't be tied to the Z10 connection issue?

·
Registered
ML63 AMG & 2 350 SLK with AMG kit.
2,488 Posts
Well comfort phone has a bluetooth uhi contact plate phone mount, this is a fully self contained bluetooth device, it connects to the comand, the phone cradle is also a bluetooth device and when its fitted on the uhi it auto connects.
The phone connects to the cradle with the hard plug.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the clarification! The UHI and MHI was new to me, but Google provided some good links. I think I can safely say that the blank MAC address is not a problem. It's probably just there for the owner who wants to add the cradle and shouldn't interfere with typical phone-COMAND bluetooth connectivity that I'm using!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.