Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2002 ml 270cdi (facelift) that came with the audio 10 single cd player. i have just aquired the comand 2 headset a210 820 51 89 (from old e class)and fitted it. i have ordered the underdash aerial 203 820 09 75 but have been advised that as the speed (canbus?) is not compatable it will not function. currenly no autodimming works. i have it connected via the big plug and audio cd/radio work fine. what else do i need to get it working or will it just not fit, HELP!

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
nickjamesphoto - 4/19/2005 1:03 AM

i have a 2002 ml 270cdi (facelift) that came with the audio 10 single cd player. i have just aquired the comand 2 headset a210 820 51 89 (from old e class)and fitted it. i have ordered the underdash aerial 203 820 09 75 but have been advised that as the speed (canbus?) is not compatable it will not function. currenly no autodimming works. i have it connected via the big plug and audio cd/radio work fine. what else do i need to get it working or will it just not fit, HELP!
The underdash aerial wont work unless it is modified first. You should have considered the proper roof aerial that also does the phone and the car is pre-wired to work with that antenna (already installed behind radio).

Depending on the head unit you may be able to force it into ML mode (W163 setup) using a star diagnose system - other than that I do recall there being a product on the market that takes basic inputs and produces CAN bus to satisfy the head unit and retain normal function. Its so expensive that you would be better off selling the W210 unit and buying a W163 unit because it would be cheaper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts