Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 560SL/89 560SEL
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay - so what interior combinations were available on the 560 SEL with smoked silver exterior? I know that maroon was very popular, but I don't know what other colors were available. THanks!

·
Mercedes
9,048 Posts
I've seen black, gray, tan and blue.

·
Registered
88 560SL/89 560SEL
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the difference between "tan" and "palomino"? I've seen a cream color, and a definate tan brown color, but people call them different things. Especially if they are not particularly into Mercedes.

·
Registered
1989 Mercedes 420SEL
6 Posts
My 89 420SEL has what some people call a "beige" or tan interior, but when checking with several suppliers, because I need to replace a worn driver's seat back (common) I received samples of "off-white' and light "redish-brown", but nothing that matched.

The real color is "creme" or what I really think of as "buttermilk", thats creme with a slight yellow tone.

But you are right, to many people, "tan" and "palomino" are the same color, but are not. I bought a "tan" leather seat back cover last year on eBay that "looked", in the picture, to be right, and was described as light "tan".

It was a new, never mounted, leather seat cover, but it was palomino, "redish brown". I traded it off later, locally, to another Mercedes owner for some front bumper chrome, so that both he and I ended up with what we needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts