Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2001 E320 Wagon
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was sending the 2 year old to childcare when I looked back for a second because she was fussing over something snack wrapper. I was going at about 50mph and when I turned back the cars in front of me had come to a dead stop.

Instinctively I swerved to the right lane very violently (was lucky that there was no car there) and I was half expecting the back to kick out. Well, nothing happened. No flashing ESP light (I looked) - nothing. Car's suspension was very well planted. This car has a high handling limit. Everything was very stable.

My 2 year old of course complained very loudly, snack still in hand, about my poor driving and that her doll had fallen on the floor.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,694 Posts
My 2 year old of course complained very loudly, snack still in hand,
Everybody has his/her priorities :D
Michelin tires?
The children on rear seat are big distraction. My wife was rear ended 2 years ago when the guy behind her was doing what you were with the exception that he didn't turn around on time. His X5 smacked her ML320 and pushed 3 more cars upfront. Not a pretty picture.

·
Registered
2000 MB
803 Posts
Ouch ! 101, 880 and the 280 corridors are just one of this classic , crazy freeways in No. Cali. Watch out ! Two hands on the steering and never look back, except for traffic ofcourse.

·
Registered
2001 E320 Wagon
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was actually on hwy 92 bet 101 and 280!!

Ouch ! 101, 880 and the 280 corridors are just one of this classic , crazy freeways in No. Cali. Watch out ! Two hands on the steering and never look back, except for traffic ofcourse.

·
Premium Member
2012 C300 Sport 4Matic and 2003 CLK430 Cabrio
1,919 Posts
I'm happy to hear that you and your 2 year old are safe. That could have been a bad accident. I have had to make a lane change at 65 mph to avoid running over a dead deer on the highway, the car does a great job of keeping it self planted

·
Registered
98 E-320, 2003 E-500
685 Posts
My 2 year old of course complained very loudly, snack still in hand, about my poor driving and that her doll had fallen on the floor.
Your 2 year old girl already know how to complain (about your driving)? :D
My 2 year old boy would have laughed and applauded about the excitement. :bowdown:

Seriously, glad that you could avoid the accident and everything was well especially for the young one. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Regards,

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
I was actually on hwy 92 bet 101 and 280!!
That's one of those relatively high-speed corridors that can jam up at any time.

I've seen a pickup halfway up the hill on the north side of that stretch on it's roof, have no idea how he got that far up.

Right after I bought my Ducati I was cruising north on 280 in Daly City, late rush hour period, someplace near the John Daly exit for some reason the whole right lane came to a halt, first panic stop on a new bike and the overly-sensitive rear brake locked the tire, but I managed to get the front end pointed to the shoulder and hit the throttle enough to gain traction and miss the car ahead by at least a foot. :eek: Went ahead and shut the engine off and parked for a few minutes to do nothing but listen to my heart pound in my chest.

People drive crazy everywhere, but in the bay area it's expected. :)

[Side note to Jeffrey: kudos on picking up that yum's child is at the ready to criticize his driving. :p]

Seriously, glad no one was injured. (Bet you won't do that again, either.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts