Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished a day of oil change,fixing the waste gate hose, fuel filter changes (all three), and I put in a brass ball valve in the heater line between the block and the fire wall.

My thinking here is the same as I found out on my F350. Stop the water flow before it comes into the cab and not after, like the Mono valve on my 85' 300d. I had warm....hot air flow all the time and now it is ambient.
I also refilled the A/C with R34 and when the compressor came on it was a horriable sound, then it locked up and the belt started burning. I have not worked on an A/C system in some time. Would this be the compressor or just the clutch??

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glass Puralator inline filter between my Glow Plug heater for the WVO and the injection pump.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mobetta said:
sounds like the compressor................
I know that this car had the system changed over from R12 TO R134 in the past. Will this make a differance in the compressor that I use? Here are the only two that I found on line................Your Parts Search Returned 1 Part(s)

·
Registered
1966 250SE Cab, 1989 500SEL euro
3,570 Posts
You can use any compressor you wish. If you bump from R12 to R134, you'll need to flush and vacuum the system first.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a test post

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
POS, how can I add a picture to my post name as you have?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts