Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i start it i get a burst of fuel pressure so it runs for a sec then shuts off when cold, if i pour some gass in her she will start fine and run
any ideas?
450 slc 78'

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
29,105 Posts
When i start it i get a burst of fuel pressure so it runs for a sec then shuts off when cold, if i pour some gass in her she will start fine and run
any ideas?
450 slc 78'
First step....easy...

Remove the fuel line from the coldstart valve.
Remove the coldstart valve.
Reattach the line to the coldstart valve at an angle so that you can place a container under the valve.
Have someone turn the key (car cold) and see if fuel comes out of valve

Report back.

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,604 Posts
Fuel pump relay. Check your fuses too. If you don't have a manual consult the 107 on-line service manual. The link is located in the EGv107 Sticky.

·
29,105 Posts
Fuel pump relay (as Rowdie said) would be a good place to check as it assists in the starting and running of the car.

The coldstart valve also is triggered by a thermoswitch.

·
29,105 Posts
Google Dude....GOOGLE.

Attachments

·
29,105 Posts
You people ARE my Google.
No......we seem to be doing all the heavy lifting.

Google search is easier than Benzworld search.

Type in any question or subject and 9.9 times outta 10 it will send you to a Benzworld thread.

Seriously...try it for fun.

Make it today's homework.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, now here's where it gets weird. None of my relays match that fuel pump one all are cubes , silver cyberspace.

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,604 Posts
Most likely it is the upper left one. It is on the early models. Try switching one of the others out. They are all the same.

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
If you go junkyard-ing at any time, look at every Benz you can find. Grab any relay you see. You may just be able to use them for "trade goods", if nothing else.

The new relays are all "ice cubes", generally. The silver metal box type. They vary in color, for current switching values.

Scott

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
7,143 Posts
I got mine out, held in by a 8ml bolt, its only 5 pin.. this serves a problem.
hmmm... I think you have removed the relay for the rear window defroster (I made that mistake already). No FPR has been held in with any bolt to my knowledge (on a 107).

If the one you removed was on the side of the car above the fuse box, I suspect it is the rear window relay. Call german star with relay number and he can tell you real quick. If you removed one held by a bolt mounted to the firewall, I suspect it is the defroster fan relay.

The fuel pump relay is right above the fuse box as others have said... a little square relay about 2x2x2 inches or less.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts