Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
JOHN,Im almost done with a carbon fiber (looks sweet) cold air intake for my C COUPE and will have the results asap when I can book a couple of hours after work to DYNO test the software mods and the cold air kit,and if the rear muffler shows up.....well we will see

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pop your hood and see where the car gets its intake air from.

It already draws 'cold air.'<br> <br> Them MB boys, they're durn clever . . .

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Pop your hood and see where the car gets its intake air from.

<ul><hr><i>Originally posted by GHMS</i><br><br><b>It already draws 'cold air.'<br> <br> Them MB boys, they're durn clever . . .</b><hr></ul><br> <br> does this mean their design cannot be improved upon?<br> <br> :)<br> <br> Forced Induction Engines usually benefit more than N/A cars from intake tract optimizing. My experience with MB's is pretty limited but the VWvortex people also assumed there was little or no gain in switching the factory airbox to a CAI style intake<br> <br> then when a few were track tested (drag strip) they consistently showed a .1-.2 improvement in E/T approx 10-15hp on a dyno and even more on a datalog that would compute engine load while the car is rolling<br> <br> my advise is to try and and see, if it doesn't do anything you can cut your losses by selling it<br> <br> BTW try looking into evoms.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts