Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<br> <br> Wondering if neone has used a cold air intake or any intake other than stock on a clk 320. I have seen dragon r ones, wondering if there good.<br> <br> I dont want to spend a lot, and want to get a nice deep intake sound.<br> <br> How can i get this.<br> <br> Any suggestions that are cheap?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You can get pulled over for the Intake, it's better off buying the K&N dropin airfilter eve....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im in NJ, cops usually dont bother people. Does The K&N

Add performance??<br> <br> I would like a nice deep intake sound <br> <br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW Bruce, I forgot to tell you today. It is illegal to be pulled over for intake.

You can be pulled over for exceeding the noise limits, but your friend was cited for being a polluting vehicle, which a properly made intake(and even most poorly made) will not cause. I'll talk to you later about how to fight that ticket, but your friend should definitely fight it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It will help performance, and slightly improve the sound. However,

K&N filters allow many dust particles to enter the engine. ITG Foam filters offer the same gains as K&N filters, with half the micron particles passed through. We us ITG filters on all of our cars, including race cars.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
air velocity / resonance, etc impact intake performance as well.... (more)

Granted pulling air off the street will result in colder / more dense air than found under the hood - but the length of the intake and resonance will also impact hp. Better performance is not a given on a CAI (cold air intake). <br> <br> dyno that baby!<br> <br> shell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts