Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 s600
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I own a s600 w220 with alot of mods and I know what these susp have in store for us Mercedes owners, well atleast for the airmatic or ABC owners. I have repaired my ABC twice already and I just hit 98,000 miles but then again I live in NYC, the worst streets ever!. I have been looking around day and night to see if they make a coilover kit for a w215 mercedes cl because im considering buying my 3rd Mercedes as my daily driver, but im not willing to worry about the susp everyday? so if anyone has any information on coilover to replace ABC or airmatic please let me know? and plus I also like the low stance of a Mercedes, thats another reason why im considering coilovers, besides the fact that I have read all the other options on lowering the stock susp on Mercedes, but just dont agree with tampering with Mercedes susp. Thanks
-Mas

·
Registered
2000 MERCEDES C43 AMG / 2004 AUDI RS6 / 2005 AUDI TT 3.2 V6
165 Posts
yeah im also looking for some as well had the same set up on my audi RS6 it had the DRC that is like the system in my cl but it failed horribley so had h n r coil overs put in

·
Registered
03 CL 600, 11 S550, 06 AUDI S6, 05 ACURA TL TYPE S, 98 LEXUS LS400
3 Posts
you can get coilovers from Strutmasters.com, they will send the kit to you or you can go there and have them installed which is included in the price. I purchased mine in '13 and they are great. They ride a little ruffer but squat down when you cruise above 65mph.

·
Registered
3 Posts
you can get coilovers from either Strutmasters or Yellow Speed Racing (yellow-speed.com). I think I'm going to switch over to Yellow Speed once I finish my work in progress...

·
Registered
2009 E63, 2000 ML430
727 Posts
With the conversion, can you adjust the ride height? I have mine on lowering links right now and would MAYBE consider the conversion if I could maintain a lowered stance.

Also, what about the sway bar situation?

·
Registered
3 Posts
DBL6

They do not come with sway bar app.; but both applications do lower the vehicle with Yellow Speed having adjustments at all 4 corners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts