Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was wondering if any of you have coilovers and if so, what brand and how's the ride? One of my buddies had coilovers in his Lexus GS and it drives almost like stock. I like to keep somewhat of a comfort ride with a lowered stance. I know u'll be sacrificing a bit of ride comfort when lowering your car. As far as lower springs goes, most will give you a stiffer ride quality. thanks!

·
Registered
'08 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
116 Posts
For just plain lowering springs go for H&R Super Sports

For coilovers... There's quite a few available in the market, the most widely used is H&R street-performance coilovers, My buddy has it in his C300 and the ride quality is pretty close to stock if not better, He got it from tirerack.com for $1,200... that's what Im getting early next year:thumbsup: There's also KW Variant and Bilstein but I haven't tried any of the two, all I know is they cost more:D Bilstein is widely used for track

·
Registered
2007 W204 C280/C300
107 Posts
I would suggest the KW Street Coilovers. They will give you the stance you want and at the same time is designed for road use so the ride isn't too harsh.

·
Registered
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
1,021 Posts
Top of the line is KW V3. Great set of coilovers.....overkill for anyone not planning on tracking their car. I have them on my 7 and love em though. Your other options are Bilstein PSS10, H&R Street (what I'm using), KW Street, BC Racing, KSport GT Pro, and Megan Racing Euro-Street.....I'd recommend them in that specific order too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts