Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 320CE (124.052) with an idle issue so I have just made a code reader. I've read the codes and I now want to delete them and I was able to do this on one of the pins but not on the others. I assume that any code can be deleted and it will just show up again after starting the car if the problem still exists. Any idea what the trick is to delete the codes? BTW it's a 16 port one.
Thanks ...

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
861 Posts
I have a 1993 320CE (124.052) with an idle issue so I have just made a code reader. I've read the codes and I now want to delete them and I was able to do this on one of the pins but not on the others. I assume that any code can be deleted and it will just show up again after starting the car if the problem still exists. Any idea what the trick is to delete the codes? BTW it's a 16 port one.
Thanks ...
Sometimes I have this issue, read each code and then hold down for 10 seconds to delete. Do it one by one. And in the end read the built in diagnostic led by holding pin 3 for 3 seconds and afterwords hold down for 10 to delete. Let the car sit for a minute off and start it again and your check engine light should be gone and the codes should be cleared. Sometimes old codes can reappear a second time just repeat the process and they go away permanently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! I don't know if I have an inbuilt diagnostic LED? I don't think pin 3 is connected on my car. BTW I don't have an engine check light on. Mine is a pre facelift car.
I tried holding down for 10 seconds and still nothing. Started the engine but only for about 10 seconds to see if this helped then turned off (ignition on) and tried to delete... still not deleting the codes.

·
Registered
1993 300e 2.8
150 Posts
Following. I’m having the same problem in my 93’ M104. I bought a code reader off of eBay (I do not have a built-in diagnostic. I think those were on California cars ). It reads the codes fine but I’m not able to delete.

I’ve tried different hold times after reading the codes to try to delete (8,10,12 seconds). I also tried turning the ignition off then on again after deleting a code. Also tried disconnecting the battery for up to two hours (pos and neg). Like you, I want to see if any codes return.

·
Premium Member
2014 G550, 2000 SL500, 1995 E320 Cabriolet, 1980 TR8
1,377 Posts
Which pin number are you reading / trying to erase from?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I managed to clear pin 14 and 8 although it took multiple goes to do one of them. I can't delete pins 6 or 7.

·
Registered
91 500SL 37k,90 300SE sold, 91 300E sold , 92 300E137k ,02 Kia Sedona ,I know..... its a Mini van.
8,173 Posts
On my R129 M119 I cleared all codes only to have code 17 return again and again, code 17 is for CPS, tested good, finally found out most R129's have that code and there's nothing wrong lol, whatever.... runs great.

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
861 Posts
On my R129 M119 I cleared all codes only to have code 17 return again and again, code 17 is for CPS, tested good, finally found out most R129's have that code and there's nothing wrong lol, whatever.... runs great.
Have this issue too lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1990 Benz 300E 2.6 (mine) ; 1994 E320 Wagon (wife's) ; 1993 300CE Cabrio, needs some TLC
7,277 Posts
some codes will only clear when the cause is removed.

·
Registered
300 CE 24V Sportline
962 Posts
My CPS code kept reappearing with 2 different CPSs. New MB CPS now installed so I'll try again.

I've had that CPS code for decades!!!

R

1 - 10 of 10 Posts