Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 C200
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I need to reset an airbag eoor on a W204 C200 Kompressor - while fixing the ESL I started the car with the airbag disconnected, which logged a fault that didn't clear when the airbag was plugged in.

I'm looking to buy a value for money (read cheapish) code reader that is capable of reading & resetting an airbag error (along with other systems in the car). Can anyone recommend something? I'n in Australia, but can buy from Amazon if needed.

Thanks, and stay safe.
Geoff

·
Registered
164 Posts
Where in Aus are you?, there might be someone close that can just clear the code for you
What is cheap $10- 50, $100-200?, Ebay has plenty that will do the job but it all boils down to you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
2008 C200
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in delaide, but I'm happy to buy one. I'll use it again. $50 - $150 is fine, mostly I'm after a recomendation on which ones will work - including airbag codes.

·
Registered
2008 C200
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The code reader arrived yesterday (but because the postie waits around the corner till we leave home, I had to collect it from the post office today). I'm pleased to report that it worked - I was able to reset the airbag errors. Thanks prktljokr.

For anyone fixing ESL / EIS problems - don't turn the car on wit the airbag disconnected (you have to remove the driver's airbag to remove the steering wheel, to get at the ESL or EIS), or you too will have airbag errors that don't self correct when you reconnect it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts