Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1994 S320
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all after abusing the search tool i have not found a tutorial on how to make an LED code reader. my 94 s320 has a rough idle and misfire causing bad engine response gas mileage etc, i have the 32 pin star under the hood as well as the 16 pin connector under the steering column. can someone shoot me in the right direction here? im hoping to pull some codes so i can save some cash. i do have moderate wiring/soldering skills, but i cannot read schematics. cut me some slack im 17! :D any help would be great just trying to get my car on the road without killing it further.

thanks!

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
What you have is a 38 connector in the engine compartment and an OBDII connector under the steering wheel. The OBDII connector will require an OBDII code reader, which will cost around $50 to $100, or some auto parts stores, such as Autozone, will read the codes for you. If you can't find any instructions on building the 38 pin code reader send me a private message with your email address.

·
Registered
1995 SL 500 Mercedes
14 Posts
deanyel......... chetter here. I have the code reader schematic, however, I need further instructions on the layout of the 38 pins on my 1995 SL 500. I have read, read, and re-read all these discussions on this code reader thing and now ready to build me one. Recently I saw some good instructions and pin layout pictures on the forums, however, I was on travel, did not have printer, lost the info completely. Thanks for your help. Additional info...... I disconnected my battery and the CEL did not come on when I reconnected the battery. Drove it 50 or so miles, stop-started it 8 times, then I entered the radio code and the CEL come on and is still on.??????? Weird or co-incidence?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts