Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 SL 500 - 03 SLK 230 - 90 SEL
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read here and a number of places how to pull info from my AC/Heater control. So I tried it an sure enough it worked. It quickly occurred to me that in the actual value screen there are a number of numbers with varying amounts of information but none of it means anything if I don't know what the numbers are supposed to be or what they are for. Anyone have this or is it posted somewhere? 2000 W210 wagon is what I have.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First "Sticky" doesn't work, second says nothing, third is codes for the engine and sensors, nothing for the actual value mode at all.

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,127 Posts
sorry, i misunderstood. i thought you were looking for the definition of each
of the ac diagnostic codes, e.g. #1 in-car temp sensor, #2 outside air temp,
#3 heater core temp (left), etc

.... It quickly occurred to me that in the actual value screen there are a number of numbers with varying amounts of information but none of it means anything if I don't know what the numbers are supposed to be or what they are for. Anyone have this or is it posted somewhere? 2000 W210 wagon is what I have. .....

·
Registered
2005 W215 CL500
3,598 Posts
sorry, i misunderstood. i thought you were looking for the definition of each
of the ac diagnostic codes, e.g. #1 in-car temp sensor, #2 outside air temp,
#3 heater core temp (left), etc
He does mean that...but it isn't working.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
The link to E-Class Benz has not worked for months. But a search, as advised, should produce what you are looking for.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Believe me I have looked, I can find what other peoples cars have for values, Can't find what they should be on a properly working car though. So with nothing to benchmark from it is kind of pointless.

·
Registered
2001 E430 4matic
419 Posts
Unfortunately there is no specs available for sensors since MB does not provide it us. On the top of it, every reading is also unique to the circumstances such as, how long engine was running, environmental factors, the actual AC issues ...

Luckily, still majority of these AC problems are solved right here in this forum using these readings. With a little info that we have (over the Internet and no access to the car), you will be very surprise of how detailed we can diagnose an AC problem using these readings.

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,127 Posts
Believe me I have looked, I can find what other peoples cars have for values, Can't find what they should be on a properly working car though. So with nothing to benchmark from it is kind of pointless.
okay, bear with me....isn't what you're asking for shown in CHART 1
or am I so obtuse I need a brain rebuild ?

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,834 Posts
I think the thread is about sensor meaning behind the display numbers, not about trouble codes?
The original link with senors numbers doesn't work for several years and my suggestion to reorganize the stickies to working order come with excuse that the site is expected to come back or something.
I have list printed in my car, but can't find it on the net now. I memorized the most important for AC
1, cabin temperature
2 outdoor temperature
3 driver core temp
4 passenger core temp
5 refrigerant temp (that might wary between models)
6 engine temp
7 refrigerant pressure in bars.
A bit confusing is that some cars show temperatures in Fahrenheit, some in Celsius.
Our 2 cars were manufactured first in February, second in April of 1998. one shows in C, the other in F.
I am confused all the time :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts