Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I got a code today. 1542 and it was something to do with accelerator pedal.

I think its the TPS. Can anyone help me with this. I want to order the part as soon as possible. I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks hary

Hey phlly! Found you a thread. Page 4 shows code 1542 as pedal value sensor (B71) http://www.onboarddiagnostics.com/download/mb100.pdf

How's the motor question going?
You could always go King Kong!
6.1 HEMI SRT8 crate engine new - LX LC V6 Conversion | eBay
I think thats the TPS, so I will order it today. The motor project is going good but its slow right now. It will speed up soon. I want all the information I can have before I get the cherry picker out lol.

Will that 6.1 bolt to the trans? Also what kind of codes will my ecu trip with that powerplant? I know a remap may need to happen.

Someone was telling me that ecu and tcu values control hp and torque. I have alot of homework to do here man.

Thanks for your help hary. I appreciate it.

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
I think thats the TPS, so I will order it today. The motor project is going good but its slow right now. It will speed up soon. I want all the information I can have before I get the cherry picker out lol.

Will that 6.1 bolt to the trans? Also what kind of codes will my ecu trip with that powerplant? I know a remap may need to happen.

Someone was telling me that ecu and tcu values control hp and torque. I have alot of homework to do here man.

Thanks for your help hary. I appreciate it.
A 6.1 would KILL! If you go that route stay with the MB/Mopar 6.1 trans that is made for that kind of power. 6.1 would chew up even a 55 trans. BUT it's the same type of trans so it (6.1 SRT/Benz) should bolt right in! In terms of ECU, you should be able to reflash and add a high flow fuel pump.
What are the prices like for a MB 5 liter, or a 5.5?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
motor prices

A 6.1 would KILL! If you go that route stay with the MB/Mopar 6.1 trans that is made for that kind of power. 6.1 would chew up even a 55 trans. BUT it's the same type of trans so it (6.1 SRT/Benz) should bolt right in! In terms of ECU, you should be able to reflash and add a high flow fuel pump.
What are the prices like for a MB 5 liter, or a 5.5?
they list from 1900 all the way up to 7500. varies by mileage an age. you know how it goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts