Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
02 CLK430
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..I found this on Ebay and would like to share this with all of you that need thier cluster fix, the price is $179 but had a best offer button so I clicked on it and put in $100. Seller got back to me and accepted the offer and now all I have to do is send them the cluster and they will fix it for $100, I live about 45 mintues away from them so I can drive it down and drop it off. I will check back and let you guys know how it came out, I think this is a great price to fix these cluster and have warranty on it also. Below is the link to their website.

AutoXPRESStech.com - The Best for Less

forgot to add Ebay listing for it..here it goes
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220401694630QQssPageNameZMERC_VIC_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT&refitem=220401387420&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m183&_trkparms=algo=CRX&its=S%2BI&itu=UCI%2BSI&otn=4

·
Registered
1979 450SLC 5.0L, 1995 E320 Coupe, 2005 E55 (sold), 2000 E430 4Matic (crashed), 1990 300E (sold)
244 Posts
Thanks tai02clk430

Moderators: This should be posted as a sticky in the W208 and W210 forums.

·
Registered
02 CLK430
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Zack....The clock and the temp went out, it was like that when I bought it so going to see if they can fix it and hope I can get the darn thing out to send it..lol

·
Registered
2002 CLK 430 & 2001.5 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax EC/LB LB7
356 Posts
Good luck with that! I know that dealing with interiors is a pain in the butt. Tell us how it goes!

·
Registered
02 CLK430
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did they tell you why they couldn't fix it? Was going to send mine out today now you got me thinking, please give us a little more details on it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey guys..I found this on Ebay and would like to share this with all of you that need thier cluster fix, the price is $179 but had a best offer button so I clicked on it and put in $100. Seller got back to me and accepted the offer and now all I have to do is send them the cluster and they will fix it for $100, I live about 45 mintues away from them so I can drive it down and drop it off. I will check back and let you guys know how it came out, I think this is a great price to fix these cluster and have warranty on it also. Below is the link to their website.

AutoXPRESStech.com - The Best for Less

forgot to add Ebay listing for it..here it goes
eBay Motors: Mercedes Benz C, Clk,G E Class 1994-2001 Cluster Repair (item 220401694630 end time Apr-26-09 10:22:45 PDT)
I did the same 100 buck they send me a pp request will send the cluster in today....

·
Registered
2001-W210-CAPRI METALIC BLUE-/ 2002-W210 E300D
905 Posts
+1 Dantus - do it yourself 4 free

it is a very easy diy and works.
B

·
Registered
10 Posts
cluster excnage

can anyone tell me how to detach the wires from my cluster so that I cant put in a new one that I purchased?
I also heard that this can cause error codes.. Does anyone know any ways to stop that from happening?

·
Registered
2002 CLK 430 & 2001.5 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax EC/LB LB7
356 Posts
There are two connectors behind the unit. All you have to do is just push in on the tabs that are located on the top part of the connectors. When depressed there is a part that turns a quarter of a turn to release the harness. That is all you have to do. As far as the codes go: if this is a NEW instrument cluster you WILL have to take it to Mercedes. They have to configure the mileage onto the new device. From what I have heard there is the immobilizer chip inside of the instrument cluster as well. I would be more worried about the car not ever starting up rather than throwing codes.

Just some advice from experience.

-Zack

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got it, thank you. I purchased a used one.. When I attached and started up I got an error code.. something like "Display error" on the lcd which would not go away untill I put the old cluster back.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts