Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the few of you that have pulled the cluster, would you mind posting a pic of the tools next to a ruler? I'd just as soon make some as drive in bay area traffic (with bay area gas prices) to the dealer and be insulted by the parts guy. Sent an e-mail to Duval, they didn't even bother responding. :(

Since it's the only possible opening I see, I'm guessing the tools go in the larger openings sort of near the "wood" dash inlays?

Thanks and as always, enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
hey greg, nice to offer some advice finally! it seems like you're the one always helping others.

i just pulled my cluster the other day. i first tried using a wire hanger but it didn't work. i ended up buying the OEM pull hooks.

here's the deal: the openings you see next to the wood trim is not the spot the hooks should go. the spot you see in the W210 videos is down lower and you cant access those. it's still possible to pull the cluster out through that opening, but be prepared to get lots of scratches.

i'll try to post a pic when i get home.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but I went to a couple of other forums and found pics, so now I know what to make. :)

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts