Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all...
Recently became the owner of a 2011 R350. Noticed some oil underneath the car when parked on the driveway on two occasions (which is extremely steep) when on flat nothing.
And since noticing the oil, when the car is idling there is a clunking noise (almost sounds belt like), coming from the engine bay, up until I rev over 1250rpm. Car is still under dealer warranty, but as this means travelling 750km or being without the car for 5-7 days, if it’s an easy fix I’d rather get it done myself.
Any help, suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Evening all...
Recently became the owner of a 2011 R350. Noticed some oil underneath the car when parked on the driveway on two occasions (which is extremely steep) when on flat nothing.
And since noticing the oil, when the car is idling there is a clunking noise (almost sounds belt like), coming from the engine bay, up until I rev over 1250rpm. Car is still under dealer warranty, but as this means travelling 750km or being without the car for 5-7 days, if it’s an easy fix I’d rather get it done myself.
Any help, suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

is your bluetec? Are you in the US? what did you pay? I am in the market for 1, i see a 2011 for $9000, 151k miles. what do you think?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts