Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 2.6 automatic 190 E. It has about 230k on it. It runs and looks good. Just finished putting in new front and tail lights. The problem is a clunking noise coming from the back left wheel. It started only when I turned right but now does it when I accel from a stand still or brake to a stand still. I have taken it in but no one can figure it out. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I had a similar problem before, clunking from the rear wheel when going over bumps. It was the parking brake, so worned...that it had fallen off.

wow, just realize it's my 100th post....:)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I had a similar problem before, clunking from the rear wheel when going over bumps. It was the parking brake, so worned...that it had fallen off.

wow, just realize it's my 100th post....:)
Congrats on your 100th. Maybe you could put in a request form for a "Badge" :)

I had the clicking noise from the rear also. I have yet to pull in down and see. I applied pressure to the emergency brake with driving a few times and it just went away. The clicking was mostly only while turning, like in a cultisack was the most noticeable .

Dan

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Thanks, I see I got a purple star now..is that my new badge. :rolleyes:

My parking brake still worked, but fell apart & lay on the inside drum (driver side rear) & make clunking noise when go over bumps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts