Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
A200 Turbo-C230K-S320 CDI-SL55-C63AMG
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... is there going to be a CLS forum any time soon?

·
Registered
2004.5 C 230K SS
69 Posts
I saw a new CLS at the Pittsburgh International Airport on Wednesday. I could not believe it. It was a CLS 500. Are those out already? It had an oddly colored Illonis license plate, fyi.

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
jsloan01 - 1/29/2005 9:50 AM

I saw a new CLS at the Pittsburgh International Airport on Wednesday. I could not believe it. It was a CLS 500. Are those out already? It had an oddly colored Illonis license plate, fyi.
Maybe ... my dealer has just sent me an invitation for the debut of the 2006 CLS (in the show room) in February. For places like Detroit and LA, it could be sooner.

·
Registered
2002 CL 500
222 Posts
they have one at the local dealer here in palm beach had my hands on it took a real close look , and you know what, absolutely nothing special no more back seat room than my CL 500, and much cheaper looking when you see the car in person. I would buy an S or E class before this.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have one on order.I picked CLS over S-Class due to model change expected soon.My W210 is a great car and instead of repeating i thought i will take a chance.For first time in 30 years my wife said that my car looks good!![@detroit auto show].

·
Registered
05 SL55, 04 ML500, ML63 on order 997TT launch car on order
158 Posts
My dealer has CLS500 on display, Desert Silver with Nappa Leather. They expect the CLS55 to be here soon. I think the right choice of wheels will make that one bad ass lookin Merc.

·
Registered
CL600; Porsche C4S
20 Posts
I saw it at the Indianapolis dealership a week ago. I liked it much more than I thought I would and actually could see myself purchasing one. The car has great presence.

·
Registered
327 Posts
[:(]I saw one and drove one today. The one I viewed had the matte wood; looked like a matte leather covering. The one I drove was silver with the light grey interior (window sticker $75,000+). Honestly it looked and felt cheap. Not as much get up as an E500 (the car is heavier) and the 7 speed was, as usual, searching for a gear. The back seat, once you get in without banging your head is not very roomy. The car certainly does have curb appeal. In my personal opinion the styling (especially the fat rear quarter and the crooked exiting exhaust tips)will tire as more and more are on the street. I'll keep my CL which I feel is much more distinctive and you know the rear seat will be cramped by its nature.

Lou K

·
Registered
A200 Turbo-C230K-S320 CDI-SL55-C63AMG
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i beg to differ... but might change my mind once the new CL comes out after seeing the concept sketches.

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
Benz Devil - 2/1/2005 10:55 AM

What is the code name for CLS?

Such as W126 for SELs, W140 for S-Class, and so on.
I think it is W206 (or perhaps, would they call it C206)

·
Registered
CLS500,07 Cayman S,04 Ford Ranger Edge
46 Posts
[:)]I have driven the CLS500, Irdium silver, ash leather and have ordered an alabaster white with cashmere beige nappa, premium & lighting packages, keyless go, partronic, trunk closer (wife), and sirius satellite to replace my G500.
Looking at the comments, I sense some sour grapes. I've owned an S-class, 2 CLKs, an ML 430 and an SLK 230, in addition to the current G500.
IMHO, the CLS is one of the best looking designs to come out of MB in a long time. And I greatly disagree (as do most of the auto journalists) with disparaging remarks about the interior. It is stunning compared to the E or S/CL. That's not saying the others are bad, but the CLS' wood dash is gorgeous and it has the best cupholders ever put in a Benz, bar none. I grant that it is not the most practical of sedans, but that is part of the lure to me. I almost never have a need to haul 5 people or even four. I'd bet that other than those with numerous offspring, rarely have the need for more than four. Hence, it is a four seater, just as is the CL. How anyone who has or now owns a Benz can say this is a cheap car simply does not know what they are talking about. Except for the exterior styling and the dimensions, this car is an E500 throughout. Same engine, tranny, suspension, switchgear, etc. This car is among the first that moves back to the direction of building cars to a standard AND then deciding a price. That has been the biggest problem since the prior S Class...letting the accountants/marketeers control the car's design/content/quality...building to a "price" instead of a "standard" Other web sites indicate that this car will be a huge success for Benz since almost all of the initial allotments are already sold out in the US. And I've yet to find a non-Benz owner who has seen the car, say anything but "WOW", that is one beautiful car.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Seamus42 - 2/5/2005 8:50 PM

[:)]I have driven the CLS500, Irdium silver, ash leather and have ordered an alabaster white with cashmere beige nappa, premium & lighting packages, keyless go, partronic, trunk closer (wife), and sirius satellite to replace my G500.
Looking at the comments, I sense some sour grapes. I've owned an S-class, 2 CLKs, an ML 430 and an SLK 230, in addition to the current G500.
IMHO, the CLS is one of the best looking designs to come out of MB in a long time. And I greatly disagree (as do most of the auto journalists) with disparaging remarks about the interior. It is stunning compared to the E or S/CL. That's not saying the others are bad, but the CLS' wood dash is gorgeous and it has the best cupholders ever put in a Benz, bar none. I grant that it is not the most practical of sedans, but that is part of the lure to me. I almost never have a need to haul 5 people or even four. I'd bet that other than those with numerous offspring, rarely have the need for more than four. Hence, it is a four seater, just as is the CL. How anyone who has or now owns a Benz can say this is a cheap car simply does not know what they are talking about. Except for the exterior styling and the dimensions, this car is an E500 throughout. Same engine, tranny, suspension, switchgear, etc. This car is among the first that moves back to the direction of building cars to a standard AND then deciding a price. That has been the biggest problem since the prior S Class...letting the accountants/marketeers control the car's design/content/quality...building to a "price" instead of a "standard" Other web sites indicate that this car will be a huge success for Benz since almost all of the initial allotments are already sold out in the US. And I've yet to find a non-Benz owner who has seen the car, say anything but "WOW", that is one beautiful car.
[8D]

I own a CL 55, an S 55,a CLK 55 and several true collectible Mercedes. While this car is a departure from the normal Mercedes styling it is CHEAP. Look at the leather on the seats; the old MB tex looked better. The reason the non Benz owners who said WOW probably own Maximas, Hondas, Accuras and other Japanese cars. Not to say that this is bad, I own 2 myself but the quality on this car is below MB standards. As "they say we are all entitled to an opinion. I would still like to find who they are, haowever.

Lou K

·
Registered
2002 CL 500
222 Posts
took another close look at the cls today , standard disc brakes no drilled or cross ventilated type, the seats are C class type not at all cl or s type,the wood trim, frankly my fathers plastic imitation wood trim on his buick lasabre looks better if your 6 foot or over forget the rear seat. nice cup holders though. this particular model had 18" wheels and did nothing for it's apperance.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts