Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The factory CLS is eye catching enough, it is a shame some owners want to tarnish the look with classless "upgrades" and customization

·
Registered
CLS500
100 Posts
HectorSuarezCLS said:
The factory CLS is eye catching enough, it is a shame some owners want to tarnish the look with classless "upgrades" and customization
That comment might go down like a lead balloon on this forum right now but some of the styling ( eg. AMG or Lorinser) upgrades definately add to the excitement of this amazing car. If these were factory standards, MB would sell more CLS's.

Oversize wheels!!!, I'm not so sure about.

As a mature driver, I have to agree that the "standard look" is pretty near perfect and still attracts a lot of attention. Just wish that V8 engine made a bit more noise than it does!!!

regards

BeeJay

·
Registered
CLS 320 cdi
384 Posts
There is nothing that looks wrong on a standard CLS, the standard car is the way the car was designed in the first place. And i am in actual favour of the wheels BeeJay has on his CLS. ;)

·
Registered
06'CLS500/00'E320/05'Escalade
44 Posts
If the question is Stock? or Custom?, I would have to take custom. I agree with BeeJay about the "standard look" is pretty near perfect. That's why I purchased my CLS. But, every car on the road would just about look the same. I as well as other custom lovers like to stand apart from the rest.

·
Registered
CLS 320 cdi
384 Posts
Agree with all comments, its nice to see what you can get out of the look out of your CLS, i like to see them with chrome rims, lorinser kits etc. But agree that the standard is also nice lol.

Going to NY & L.A in 3 weeks time so im sure i will see alot of nice CLS's over there, visiting platinum motorsport with my sun in a rental :( :D

·
Registered
06'CLS500/00'E320/05'Escalade
44 Posts
I live in Central California, about 3 hours north of Los Angeles. I have to say that there is no where in the U.S. where you would find so many nice CLS' with the exception of probably Miami, Florida. You will also see some very nice different models of mercedes, as well as Rolls Royces', Bentleys', lamborghinis', etc. L.A. and N.Y. huh. These cities are like night and day. But, you will love them both.

·
Registered
CLS 320 cdi
384 Posts
yup sure will ;), been to L.A before and what can i say, the hot cars are absolutely everywhere. Renting a Cadillac Escalade :( or :) ?? and going to Palm Desert, Las Vegas, San Diego so should also be a nice drive also.

Cheers
Alex

·
Registered
CLS500
100 Posts
320CLSman said:
yup sure will ;), been to L.A before and what can i say, the hot cars are absolutely everywhere. Renting a Cadillac Escalade :( or :) ?? and going to Palm Desert, Las Vegas, San Diego so should also be a nice drive also.

Cheers
Alex
A few years back, I spent a couple of weeks at the Ritz Carlton Hotel at Laguna Beach LA.

Being an Englishman, I didn't realise that cars were so important in LA and my co director had hired me a small ford compact to drive down to Laguna. This was my first hard lesson..

When I arrived at the hotel front entrance to check in, they were convinced that I was either a rogue kitchen porter or a complete nutter. Anyway, apparently nobody in their right mind would have asked for valet parking in such a vehicle!!.

However, the two best places to see the world's most beautiful cars are California and Dubai. It'a a real experience just to day-dream at the sight of some of those high spec machines.

Have a great US trip 320clsman. God bless America for it's interest in cars and can anybody there ask President Bush to tell Mr Tony Blair to build some decent roads in the UK.

Regards BeeJay

·
Registered
CLS 320 cdi
384 Posts
BeeJay said:
A few years back, I spent a couple of weeks at the Ritz Carlton Hotel at Laguna Beach LA.

Being an Englishman, I didn't realise that cars were so important in LA and my co director had hired me a small ford compact to drive down to Laguna. This was my first hard lesson..

When I arrived at the hotel front entrance to check in, they were convinced that I was either a rogue kitchen porter or a complete nutter. Anyway, apparently nobody in their right mind would have asked for valet parking in such a vehicle!!.

However, the two best places to see the world's most beautiful cars are California and Dubai. It'a a real experience just to day-dream at the sight of some of those high spec machines.

Have a great US trip 320clsman. God bless America for it's interest in cars and can anybody there ask President Bush to tell Mr Tony Blair to build some decent roads in the UK.

Regards BeeJay

Good Shout BeeJay about the roads issue;)

With your comment regarding turning up at the Ritz Carlton hotel in a ford compact, the same thing basically happened to me when i was in Miami. I hired a Dogde Integred ? or something similar from Dollar :(. I turned up at the Leows Hotel, South Beach and the only option was to get the car valet parked, i felt like a real fool, as if i was being looked down on for staying at such hotel...

It then annoyed me that people in the states with vehicles such as Hummers etc are classed as royalty :D. I mean don't you wish you could just import one of your cars for your vacation. I certainly do :)

This year i am not staying anywhere to upmarket, staying at Marriot renaissance Hollywood, Omny hotel in San Diego, Desert Spring villas in Palm Desert, and the Wynn in Vegas.

Thanks on the other hand, and i sure will have a great trip. Are you going anywhere this summer yourself??

Cheers

P.S to other Thread users....sorry for the change in topic, however we do not need to talk about our cars all the time.;)

·
Registered
1999 ML430, 2006 LORINSER CLS500, 2001 Honda Accord Coupe, 2005 Yamaha R1 Raven
297 Posts
I will never keep a car factory, NEVER!! Its good to be different, and there are many upgrades on the market that are very classy. No offense, but I think the amg kit is boring. when my Lorinser kit was installed, i did not have my wheels, but people noticed the difference, and I have recieved nothing but props from other CLS owners on the road. I have had other owners ask me to pull over just to look at my baby. The original comment was probably posted by an old man who turns up his nose every time he notices guys like me looking young and flashy, and just lovin life. so sorry Hector for messing up your CLS, but I am having LOTS OF FUN!!!!!

·
Registered
05 E55/ 05 Yamaha R1
173 Posts
hectorsuarez is a bitch.

F**k that lame ass comment.

"tarnish" the look, you suck

·
Registered
46 Posts
LMAO, you guys are funny.

To each his/her own. I am not a body kit person but I respect their decision like I respect a persons religion. I may do a rear trunk lip and I just add rims coz I can afford it. When the day comes that I cannot, I will get out of the car scene and drive a minivan or a truck. I do hate bling bling and stupid body kits but I dont say they are stupid. I just ask WHY? lol...

I do admit that I do mods so I wont pull up and see another CLS like I am looking at the mirror. My rims alone cost as much as a used car lol. Yeah I am also crazy but not into body kits just nice NON CHROME wheels.

:D

gino

·
Registered
-06' CLS500 Lorinser-08'-MC Design Whips Project SL -06' Land Rover-
419 Posts
Everyone has their own flavor. Some like it black and others like with cream and sugar. No two ways are wrong but custom will give it the personal touch that only the owner has to like. I'm with khelwanb, I can't have a stock ride...just doesn't feel right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
raven...you are making my point for me, thank you - you are very immature..hence you have no ability to express yourself without being crude

·
Registered
46 Posts
Markdm3 said:
Everyone has their own flavor. Some like it black and others like with cream and sugar. No two ways are wrong but custom will give it the personal touch that only the owner has to like. I'm with khelwanb, I can't have a stock ride...just doesn't feel right.

Same with me, I never owned a stock looking ride. I have to change the look somewhat. Even my wife drives a non stock looking ride.

I still dont hate on folks with altered looks on their rides. What ever makes him/her happy gets my respect.

I set up my ride to my taste and not for the public to like. "Like it or not I do not care" that's my principle in life.

:) no hate here

gino

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BenzE500 said:
kind of like your name Hectorsuarezcls you sure butured your login
Not sure I follow your thought process..but since you "butured" the spelling of such an easy word, maybe you are not capable of a logical thought....

·
Registered
ABCLOSING
865 Posts
good one, I was typing fast butchered. you big words kind of confused me whats logic. Is that what you mexicans use to illegally cross the border. OUCH

·
Registered
1999 S600 W140 and 2002 S55 AMG W220, (previous: 1989 560SEL and 1995 / 1996 S500)
4,223 Posts
C'mon guys.:( I think we should close this thread. It is gettin' too intense. If you guys wanna fight, go challenge yourselves to a duel, and whoever dies first loses.

This is a car forum, not a wrestling match, or verbal fight. I'm over this.

Anyone else with me? :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts