Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Great info on this site - thank you to all the members.

I have a flickering light on the driver's side AMG door sill. I searched the forum, and it seems I can remove it by prying it up gently (correct me if that's wrong).

Once I've done that - does anyone have experience repairing these? I can try to find one from a wrecker - but I'd prefer to repair it if I can. I realize it depends on what the issue is, but any advice is appreciated before I dig in.

BTW - in case you are wondering why I am planning to try and fix it myself, here is the note from MB. You'll understand immediately:

"The AMG light unfortunately is not covered under your extended warranty. The estimated cost is $691 plus $247.50 install. I would need to ordered from Toronto (2 days). Please reply with your authorization or any questions."

I then asked what the problem was - wiring or bulb or ...? They responded:

"the light onlu comess a whole unit. [sic]"

So - as you can see, I'll be looking into it myself. :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
There is an online retailer, ForMyMercedes.com that has aftermarket lighted stainless steel door sills for the CLS and they say they have them with AMG lettering. They're only available as a set of four, but it is only $209 for the set. I haven't bought these, but I've bought other things from this retailer and they seem to sell good stuff and give good service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts