Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As a temporary fix of my 126 ac system which is in default mode (hot air though defrosters), I bought two pinch hose clamps, pinched the two hoses firmly closed, yet I am still getting heat. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,254 Posts
As a temporary fix of my 126 ac system which is in default mode (hot air though defrosters), I bought two pinch hose clamps, pinched the two hoses firmly closed, yet I am still getting heat. Any suggestions? Thanks.
As the name suggests, the sticky above your post SERVICE MANUAL & INDEX , actually has the shop manual provided free for US residents by Mercedes Benz USA = MBUSA. One of the discs is diesel only, the other gas engined cars. Requires adobe. https://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/outside/12253/?requestedDocId=12253

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Teutone...What puzzles me is why I still get lots of heat (from defrosters) when I have closed off the two heater hoses with pinch pliers.

·
Outstanding Contributor
3,984 Posts
Thanks Teutone...What puzzles me is why I still get lots of heat (from defrosters) when I have closed off the two heater hoses with pinch pliers.
That is weird. Seems impossible. I guess you're getting actual warm air from the defroster vents at the base of the windshield? I have to assume you've missed clamping a water hose somewhere. If you don't find anything, I guess you could wire the defroster vent flap closed for now?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Luckymike..yeah, it's weird! As far as I know, there are only two hoses. Both clamped tight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts