Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

clock

1050 7
Gentlemen:

I notice the analog clock on my 1995 s320 gains time. It is about 5 min a month, not a big crisis to be sure. Anyone know how these are corrected so they run true time.
Thanks
Barry
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
W140 S class, E31 850Ci, XC90 Exec AWD geartronic
444 Posts
Gentlemen:

I notice the analog clock on my 1995 s320 gains time. It is about 5 min a month, not a big crisis to be sure. Anyone know how these are corrected so they run true time.
Thanks
Barry
Its a quartz controlled clock, so slowing these down is going to be impossible. Replacement of the clock is going to be the only real solution.

In europe, we can enable RT on our radios and an accurate auto daylight saving adjusting broadcasted time is displayed in the corner of our radio screens. Maybe there's a similar system in the states you can use.
[;)]

· Registered
1995 MB S320V: 2006 kawasaki vulcan 900 lt
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[:)]
I guess I will just have to reset the clock manualy from time to time. Do you have a dedicated button for the rt function? I have a wb button for weather broadcasts from the USA coast guard which I can get depending on my location. Here in south western british columbia we are surrounded by mountains so radio broadcasts don't travel too far, so cd players are good for travel out of town.

Barry

· Registered
1995 S420
553 Posts
My clock used to gain a bit of time as well, but I simply adjusted it once a week, by a minute or two. Then when I replaced my instrument cluster bulbs, I unhooked all wired going to the cluster, and that seemed to have fixed the problem with a hard reset. Try it, and see if it works. Also, make sure you thank W140Gill for the tip.
YRC
Gentlemen:

Thanks
Barry

· Registered
W140 S class, E31 850Ci, XC90 Exec AWD geartronic
444 Posts
Re: Re: w140gill

w140Gill: deserves thanks from a lot of people he has helped. I do thank you w140!

Barry
True. "All the problems in 7 years" post is great. Iam always reading it.

Thanks guys, I just love helping you people out!!!
The internet is all about sharing and thats what I'm here to do.

I wish I had more time on my hands. There is so much I have in my head that i'd like to share with you guys.
[:D][:D][:D]

· Registered
86 560SEL
1,334 Posts
As a W140 owner, I thank W140Gill too for his information about here and there of our beau...

As a W140 owner, I thank W140Gill too for his information about here and there of our beautiful vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.