Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, daylight savings time is here and I went to change the clock on the instrument panel. Since I have COMAND, I have the instrument panel clock set to sync with the COMAND clock. I set the COMAND clock ahead 1 hour yesterday and, as of this morning, the instrument panel clock has not changed. Is there a step I am missing?

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
I don't have COMAND...[B)], set mine via the wheel buttons and hit the reset on the left of the left speedo ring...that worked...[;)]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Motzkoman - 4/4/2005 2:54 PM

I don't have COMAND...[B)], set mine via the wheel buttons and hit the reset on the left of the left speedo ring...that worked...[;)]
Hmmm....I guess that would work if I set the instrument clock NOT to sync with COMAND. Still iffy about the Reset button as I am afraid it may reset something I don't want reset[:0]I use it to reset the trip computer every time I get gas and always wonder what else it may be changing.

Also, when you scroll through the mileage info in the instrument panel there is one reading that shows "range". I thought that was how many miles I had left before I ran out of gas but I currently have 1/4 tank left and "range" is showing 50 miles. I know I get more than 50 miles on a 1/4 tank. Am I wrong and "range" means something else?

·
Registered
R171 200K
115 Posts
I had this same problem getting the instrument panel clock to change. The step you are missing is that you have to hold/press the button on the side of the panel after setting it electronically.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
R171200K - 4/4/2005 3:47 PM

I had this same problem getting the instrument panel clock to change. The step you are missing is that you have to hold/press the button on the side of the panel after setting it electronically.
Thanks! I guess you have to use the "reset" button for any change on the instrument panel.

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
I do not have comand. I'm trying to set my clock but the + and - buttons on my steering wheel don't do anything. I don't know how to get the clock menu to appear. Have I missed a step?

·
Registered
2005 SLK 55 AMG
372 Posts
I have the clock sync'd and all I did was change the time on the screen and pushed the OK button and the little clock just whirled ahead an hour right away.

·
Registered
SLK 200, Golf V GTI
269 Posts
Mel,

It certainly isn't easy to set- From memory this is what you have to do.

1.scroll with far left menu buttons to get to the "settings" menu.

2.Press the up or down arrows also on the left of the steering wheel to enter the settings menu.

3.Scroll within this menu using "+" and "-" on the far right until you get to "time/date".

4.Now use the arrows on the left to navigate within the "time/date" menu. You can change any of the highlighted numbers with the "+" and "-" buttons on the right (as I think it indicates)

5.Once you've set the clock, Hit the "R" button on the side of the instruments! (It took me a few trys to work out this was the only step I missed.)

Hope this helps

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CP1 - 4/4/2005 4:18 PM

I have the clock sync'd and all I did was change the time on the screen and pushed the OK button and the little clock just whirled ahead an hour right away.
That's it!!! I did not push the OK button for the COMAND screen when I changed the time in COMAND. Thank you!! I swear MB needs a manual to explain the manual[xx(]

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Duo-Art - 4/4/2005 3:58 PM

I do not have comand. I'm trying to set my clock but the + and - buttons on my steering wheel don't do anything. I don't know how to get the clock menu to appear. Have I missed a step?
Mel:
I originally had that problem but played with it until it worked...it says on page 134 of the manual after getting to time/date with the + or - buttons, to press the up or down arrow button repeatedly until the "clock, hours" shows, then do the same for "clock, minutes"...[:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]

I should add that the time/date is in the settings menu (left most buttons to get there)...[;)]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Motzkoman - 4/4/2005 4:55 PM

Duo-Art - 4/4/2005 3:58 PM

Mel:
I originally had that problem but played with it until it worked...it says on page 134 of the manual after getting to time/date with the + or - buttons, to press the up or down arrow button repeatedly until the "clock, hours" shows, then do the same for "clock, minutes"...[:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]

I should add that the time/date is in the settings menu (left most buttons to get there)...[;)]

????? I think I'm getting dizzy. I thought the +/- buttons were the up and down buttons but obviously not. Are the up/down buttons to the right of my COMAND screen under the number pad? If so, I am not sure what good it is to have the +/- buttons on the steering wheel (which I thought were there for convenience) if you still have to reach over to other buttons to complete the step.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MTT - 4/4/2005 5:22 PM

Mine was set automatically from winter to summertime. I did not have to adjust it in any way. :)
Can you please enter your location in your profile (It appears I have taken over DuoArts role with this location thing) [:I]

I take it you are not on daylight savings time?

·
Registered
SLK 350
155 Posts
The other option is to lay out a course directly into the sun at maximum warp and at the last second engage full reverse thrusters and the sling slot effect should propell you into the future one hour, plus or minus a nanosecond. Oh wait, that was star trek or something.

·
Registered
2005 slk 350
468 Posts
roadsterboy - 4/4/2005 9:17 PM

The other option is to lay out a course directly into the sun at maximum warp and at the last second engage full reverse thrusters and the sling slot effect should propell you into the future one hour, plus or minus a nanosecond. Oh wait, that was star trek or something.
I tried that, it doesn't work.

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
jono_m,

Thanks for the step by step. It took a few tries but my clock now reads the correct time. I like the digital in my Honda better. Both the driver and the passenger can see it and it takes less than 5 seconds to change the time.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Mel:
Maybe if we practice, we can be ready for the last Sunday in October when we go back in time...[:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]

·
Registered
R171 SLK200
145 Posts
MTT - 4/4/2005 8:22 PM

Mine was set automatically from winter to summertime. I did not have to adjust it in any way. :)
Mine too! I was pleasantly surprised to see it had changed itself.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts