Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Check out the Feb 12 Autoweek magazine.<p>I've had a 430 Cab on order since last October, told it may still be another 6 months. I brought the latest issue of Autoweek magazine to my local MB dealer this evening showing the blurb about the CLK55 Cab becoming available. They knew nothing about it! I even talked to the sales manager who had just found out that day (probably from the fax I sent to them in the afternoon).<p>Basically I asked them to move me to the CLK55 list and that I wanted to be 1st on the list. First they cautioned me that they will probably only get 1 car for the year. Then they said it would probably sticker around $80k. Seems like they were trying to talk me out of the 55 and into keeping the 430. I guess the 'bird in the hand' theory for them.<p>My guess is if they are only going to get 1 or 2 cars they will go to bigshots or pro athletes. (of which I am neither, but I could afford the car. Must not have looked rich to them).<p>Anyway, I really hope they come out with 18" rims for the CLK55. The SL500 rims would be an excellent choice. The 430 only has 17's.<p>By the way, I ordered Silver, charcoal int, ash top, K4, and contour seats!<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This AM, I became #1 on the list for the Cab at<br>my local dealer. Was told I'd get it at list.<br>Put $1k down was told delivery would be late<br>Fall. Perfect time for delivery of a convertible.<br>One more summer as a 911 driver...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 00430Cab, silver w/ charcoal and black top. You may want to reconsider the color of the top, the ash is light in color and tougher to keep clean over time. good luck with the car WHEN you get it, truly a colector's car.<p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts