Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 205K miles my ORIGINAL rear rotors are giving up. No vibrations just mushy feeling and not enough braking power.

Fronts were replaced around 125K miles and they are still good shape thanks to mostly highway mileage.

Yes, I have replaced rear pads with MB OE at ~150k miles and I felt the difference in breaking performance. Now it is time to replace them.

Originals carry AMG part number engraved on the drum but they are not drilled as front ones...

I have seen Youtube video from FCP they fit SL600 rotor and it looks great but when I dug further I concluded that original SL600 rotor is made by Bendix. -> Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Now it comes down to two options:

MB OE 1294230512/2014210171 Silver Arrow from FCP or Pelican for ~$200/set
Bendix PRT6354 from rock auto for ~$79/set

It seems market is dominated by Zimmerman, Brembo, MB OE and lots of cheapo brands I would not put on my car, but I have never heard before of Bendix.

Anyone had experience with these rotors ?

·
Registered
9,068 Posts
Nothing wrong with Bendix. They've been around almost as long as MB themselves. I would still go for OEM without the MB box, OEM with the MB box, or Brembo (in that order) bought from one of the on line discounters, however.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing wrong with Bendix. They've been around almost as long as MB themselves. I would still go for OEM without the MB box, OEM with the MB box, or Brembo (in that order) bought from one of the on line discounters, however.
I did with OEM with the MB box Thanks! :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
What about Zimmerman or Brembo ? I need front pads and Rotors-the shop wants to do Brembo Rotors-from looking on line they are made in China?and Pagid pads.
I was thinking of going with the Zimmerman-looks like made in Germany and maybe Brembo pads ? The Pagids seem to get mixed reviews (dust and early wear out)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I recently put new brakes on the front of my CLK55 AMG.. Brembo are the original manufacturer for the rotors so I chose them again ,,got them from FCP Euro. So far they are excellent ,I don't know where they were made but they certainly seem to be excellent quality. If AMG used Brembo ,,I think that says a lot.
I used Bendix ceramic based pads ,,Bendix has been the number one brand in Australia for decades ,always good ,,low dust and good feel .
Pagid pads are oem for this car ,,so they should be good too .

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks all, think I will get them to do switch to Zims and maybe Bendix ,also see good reviews of akebono ? I asked about why Brembo rotors and not pads and he was suspect of the where they were made-I told him no China parts. This is for my CLK 550 ,just turned 34k miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts