Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 clk55
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought a set of winter tires mounted on rims and when i went to mount them today, it's supposed to snow tomorrow, they hit the caliper. Is this the reason they sell spacers and how do i know which spacer? I'll call the distributor tomorrrow and see what they say. Bought them at tirewarehousedirect.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
They should be pistol-whipped for selling you wheels that don't fit; at the least they should have told you you'd need spacers.

Quality spacers are fairly expensive, and the size is dependent on how badly they screwed up the offset. Personally I'd call them and ask them how they are going to rectify the issue they created.

Other potential issues are the type of seat and lug bolt length. If mismatched, this could present a safety or damage issue (or both).

Bottom line, though, is that no one here can simply tell you what you need to make these wheels work based on the information provided. They should know the details about what they sold you and be able to get you squared away.

Good luck and be safe on the bad roads! ;)

·
Registered
2004 clk55
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Just wanted to follow up and say that discount tire direct made good. They didn't send the right rim, there software online was different than the internal software on fitment. They sent me rims that fit and will pay all shipping and remounting charges, the new rims are 50$ more ea. and not as nice, they only had 2 choices, still under 1200$ for all, but I have snows now and I did get them on before the storm, I'm pulling the front brake discs in a couple of day's to be turned and i need to see the dealer about SOS malfunction that just came on. Thank god for this forum and the internet.

happy holiday's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts