Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
01 CLK55
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys - i recently bought 2 K&N filters for my 2001 CLK55 (i love this car!)

can anyone tell me how to get to the airbox?

thanks!

Boz.

·
Registered
08 gl320 cdi
46 Posts
The front cover snaps off. Next, but I haven't tried it yet but from a previous post, the ...

The front cover snaps off. Next, but I haven't tried it yet but from a previous post, the whole back assembly lifts off. Then upside down, use a torx bit to remove the cover and gain access to the filters.

·
Registered
2001 CLK 55
3 Posts
1. Remove the (darker) black pastic cover (with the AMG logo) by pulling up.
2. Carefully detact the two air inlet tubes from the front of the car. Then lift straight up on the black piece (further back). This is held in place by latching into rubber pads.
3. Turn air cleaner assembly over and remove the 15 (or maybe more I can't remeber) Torx screws to split the cover.
4. Replace air cleaners and put back in reverse order.

·
Registered
01 CLK55
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: CLK55 newbie - filter install question

1. Remove the (darker) black pastic cover (with the AMG logo) by pulling up.
2. Carefully detact the two air inlet tubes from the front of the car. Then lift straight up on the black piece (further back). This is held in place by latching into rubber pads.
3. Turn air cleaner assembly over and remove the 15 (or maybe more I can't remeber) Torx screws to split the cover.
4. Replace air cleaners and put back in reverse order.

- DAMN !! - that was the easist filter install i've EVER done! my Boxster S took me 1.5 hours JUST TO GET TO THE AIR BOX!

i love Benz's...

Boz.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts