Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem. My front tires are both wearing off the outside tread much more aggressively than the rest of the tire. I noticed it at about 10K miles and took it into the dealer. The pressure was right on the money and they said that while it was wearing more on the outside it was within spec at the middle of each tread run. When I call my local performance tire shop they told me that every 430 and 55 that they have ever seen has been out of alignment. He also said that they routinely have to set the camber of the front wheels at a negative camber to even the wear. Any thoughts? With all of the tire spinning I never thought I would have to replace the fronts before the rears. Michelin tires

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have an 01 430 CLK with 9 K on it. Just happened to check out the tires today and the cord is showing on the front! It's my wife's car and it doesn't get abused. I'll bet those low profile Michelin's run $300 a pop. I spoke with the MB dealer and they said it's not uncommon. May be so but it defies logic assuming the alignment is right. Your note is my first clue that these cars loose their alignment in the absence of hitting a curb, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts