Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Argghhh! My dealer called me today and offered me first choice on a 2002 CLK55 AMG Cabriolet they got in last night!! Said it was one of the few in the USA and he couldn't believe it was available to the public (salesmen speak).<br><br>
<br><br>
Damn, I don't know what to do! I love my E55 and I can't keep both. I could buy the cab but would have to sell one or the other very shortly. I am debating buying the Cab and trying to resell it for some $$.<br><br>
<br><br>
Can someone give me some advice please??Anyone tried to resell a car for a profit?<br><br>
<br><br>
Please advise! Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looked at it today. 17' wheels look dinky. Plus it is 80k msrp. Plus they are asking 10k over. My salesmen told me when I bought my E55 that they weren't allowed to ask over MSRP. Now 6 mos later the same salesmen is telling me there is a markup. He made a big deal last time about how BMW gouges people. I'm sure this is probably the only CLK55 Cabriolet they will get this year so they want to make a few bucks. Can't blame them I guess.<br> <br> Anyway, I love my E55 too much to part with it! Saving up my duckets for the E50 supercharged in 2004.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The trade would end up costing you ~ 25K. For that much, you could buy a nice ragtop - late '80s 911, late model Miata, and have both.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The trade would end up costing you ~ 25K. For that much, you could buy a nice ragtop - late '80s 911, late model Miata, and have both.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Something's not working here

The trade would end up costing you ~ 25K. For that much you could buy a nice ragtop - late '80s 911, late model Miata, and have both.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts