Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
01' CLK430
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been noticing that sometimes when I come to a stop my car starts to shake real hard!!! seems like its about to stole out, but it doesnt! the rpms go up and down a little bit and then 5 seconds later its gone.
Is this common for a CLK430?? or is there something wrong?? [?]

·
Registered
1999 CLK 430, 2001 ML 320
172 Posts
The shaking problem sounds like it could be a motor mount but that doesn't explain the change in RPM. With these newer cars, the problem almost always lies in one of the sensors. Your idle could be fluctuating from a number of things but I would guess its either the mass air flow sensor or an O2 sensor going out on you.

·
Registered
01' CLK430
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, engine light isn't on... i think its really wierd, I been told that when you start up the car and its in idol the car wa-bols a lil bit because of the large engine, but what I'm talkin bout is much different, the RPM's actaully go down a lil bit... it feels like the car is jumpin up and down, really wierd.

·
Registered
2001 SILVER CLK 430
750 Posts
Bro, you still under warranty? If so take it in before it expires. That's the simplest solution for you. If you're not under warranty go and see what the problem is. If they want an arm and a leg to fix it say no thanks and you can take it to my father-in-laws shop off red lion road. let me know whats up but deffinately get it checked out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sounds like the engine is "hunting" at idle. This is probably due to a sticking idle control valve. The valve is fine but probably has some build up which needs to be cleaned out. That's the reason the 'Check engine light' is not on. I am gettin a cd of work procedures and will post if it is easy to do. Usually a can of CARB cleaner and WD40 will do the job.

·
Registered
2004 Lexus LS 430 Modern Luxury. 2012 Acura TSX (fun fun) Maybe MB again one day...
2,604 Posts
Take in to a dealer of Indy and see if there are any stored codes. It doesn't need to throw a CEL for something to be wrong. If a sensor is faulty it very well may be stored in your CPU. If under warranty, take it in. If not, still go get a tech to pull the codes.

Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Amg,

Since you dont have a check engine lite fault, it sounds like you have either a bad spark plug or plugs or a bad spark plug wire or wires. With the symptoms you describe i would start there first. You can check for a bad spark plug wire by taking a spray bottle filled with tap water and "LIGHTLY" spray each spark plug wire. The water will allow you to "see" which wire is bad. Checking plugs are a little more difficult since the 430 has 2 spark plugs per cylinder. I can go into a little more detail in an email on how to check your spark plugs. I've been a ASE Master/L1 auto tech for the last 10 years and I just spent 14k for a scanner from Snap-On Tools with all the current updates. If anyone in the forum needs any info, i would be glad to help out..

Ed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts