Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I'll have to go and check it out one more time. First time i didn't kno much about them. but i think i should check out all the electronic stuff and make sure all dat stuff is working. yea well theirs always going to be a better deal, but at some point you gotta stop looking lol. the thing about this one, i know the guy that owns it, and i know its been taken care of. carfax was clean on it, and the ride shows it. plus i like the color and stuff. i mean its rare to find a good deal with the colors and options you like. i think you got a good deal considering it was a year ago. I've looked around for the last two weeks, and 30k for that kind of miles is not bad for a clk430. but the one im looking at, i think is a couple thousand too much.

have you had any major problems with it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
shyt ..might as well get this...

2002 BMW M3, 44K mi, titanium silver/black leather, 6 spd, exc cond, full fact warr remaining, $33,500

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
I found mine (CLK 430 w/AMG Package) on Autotrader.com First one I looked at was at a dealer. Went to dealer and the car had 15K miles and they wanted 39K. However, I found the car to ride rough for some reason. The following week I found one from a private seller. I purchased about 1.5 months ago. It had 25K miles and got it for 30K but he advertised for 35K. Much better than dealer could have done. Go figure.

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Talk about flip-flopping..... If you still want fine German engineering...here's your hoop
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15295&item=4547649400&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
lol... its coz the one im looking at is a 2000... a lil too old... thas y i cant seem to get myself to get it. for another 7k i can get clk500. i kno ur gonna laugh..lol.. but i gonna take my time. i found a clk500 with 35k miles for $37k.

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
Westcoast,
Seems like the newest deal you found is a much better deal. What year is the CLK-500?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 Coupe

AMG Pckg/wheels! Navigation! Bose Stereo system! CarFax Certified Preferred/factory warranty! Retail Trade-in Program! Buy or Lease special! Low finance rates available on approved credit!

Driver Air Bag; Anti-Lock Brakes; Air Conditioning; Alloy Wheels; Cruise Control; Passenger Air Bag; Rear Window Defroster; Power Seats; Leather Seats; Power Door Locks; Power Mirrors; Power Windows; Power Steering; Side Air Bag; Sunroof/Moonroof; Tinted Glass; Tilt Wheel;

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Look at this one......I want those Zenetti's!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4547599211&category=31853&sspagename=WDVW

·
Registered
190e 2.3l-16v
230 Posts
Here you go. 84 listings for CLK 55 AMG all under $39,999. There are plenty for mid $30K range both dealers and private party with clean titles. Took me all about 2 minutes to get this guys.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?advanced=&certified=&isp=y&search=y&lang=en&search_type=both&make=MB&model=CLK55&start_year=2000&end_year=2002&min_price=1&max_price=39999&distance=0&address=91744&x=52&y=11

Buy the car fax for $20 bux or whatever so you can run unlimited listings for a month. You will need this if shopping for the best deal. Remember carfax is not 100% perfect or accurate. You will get the best deal from a private party esp. if you have the cash in their face ready to move on the car.

Forget salvaged cars. People selling salvaged cars always use that line "Salvaged title but never in accident" - this means the car could be a theft recovery. Car was stolen and stripped, the value to put car back together was not worth it so the insurance company totals out the car, then sells in "salvage / Junk" auction. Some body shop or dealer buys the car for pennies on the dollar, puts car back together and then sells it for usually a nice profit. A lot of times they skimp on OE parts (such as airbags since they are very expensive) and/or do not put the car back together correctly. Its just too much risk IMO. Also if you have kids, think about the safety issues at hand?

A salavage car put together like new is worth no more than half of the current value of the vehicle. So if a clean title car normally goes for $30K for example, a salvage car IMO is at most worth $15K put together in running condition.

Hope this helps bro.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
they should have kept the clk430 back on the clk500... needa MB with a clk500 front and clk430 back lol. that toyota camary looking rear.. looks soooo fukin' gay.

I'm looking at those 55s. thanks man.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts