Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey sup everyone. i been lookin' at some clkz fo a while, n did find one i kinda like. itz a 2000 clk 430 w/ 35k milez on it 19in rims - da works.. for $30. da only thing im concerned abt is the fact itz got such low miles fora car datz 5 years old. i mean da guy dat ownz it now is coo i think and seemz like he took care of it, but dont kno anything about the one previous owner. i drove it a while bak and da ride is soooooo fukin' smooth... it runs like itz new... other den a lil sqeeking noise once ina while (i think its the leather touchin' the plastic somewhere). if you guyz kno of any otha dealz, id be willing to hear. milage is the biggest thing for me.. has to be under 40. maybe a 2001 or 2002 would be better. I really fell in love with the clk tho.. damnnnn so sweet. i been readin' some stuff on these forums and theirs been mixed experiences/reactions toward it.. so if all da clk ownerz could comment on their experiece (ride, how often does it need service, how much is service, and insurance). pics to come soon. Thanks..

·
Registered
2001 SILVER CLK 430
750 Posts
What's with all the Z's man? I actually had trouble reading that. Hooked on Phonics? [:p]

·
Registered
2001 SILVER CLK 430
750 Posts
Don't hate me man, I'm just the messenger. If I didn't say it someone else would have. [;)]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does that seem like a reasonable price? The warranty has expired tho. is there any way to check if the odometers been messed with? Thanks..

only thing im hooked on is.. chicks

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Are you sure you are old enough to drive? My son is only fifteen and has given up that silly spelling for two years now.
If you attempt to write more legibly, I'm sure people would take you seriously and answer your questions.

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
ThrillKill - 5/3/2005 2:02 PM

Are you sure you are old enough to drive? My son is only fifteen and has given up that silly spelling for two years now.
If you attempt to write more legibly, I'm sure people would take you seriously and answer your questions.
That was a bit harsh....sorry. It's just that I spent 2 hours last night reading the comments on that Cardomain site and EVERY body wrote like that. At first it was cute, but after about an hour, I was ready to give myself a 12 gauge labotomy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes im old enough to drive & be ur dad lol, just a bad habit..itz when i type fast. point taken!! .. lol .. any clk430 owners have input? I'm thinking $30k is a lot to spend on a car thats 5 years old...but mercedes are said to be solid and last a while. Just some comments on possible problems or hidden cost would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
387 Posts
ThrillKill - 5/3/2005 5:08 PM

Dude for five grand more you get all that shit plus it only has 41k
There are still reasons to get a 2000+ car:

Mirror blinkers, multifunction display/steering wheel, updated grey VDO gauges, tiptronic tranny, bird's eye maple and black window trim on 430's, GPS prewire/Teleaid and a few other things I can't remember at the moment.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah datz what one of my friends was tellin' me.. dat from 99 to 00 they changed a few things but from 01 - 03 there wasn't much change. i really like the car, it feels/rides like its been taken care of. so maybe they didn't tamper with the odometer. i got two more days to decide. thankss for da input

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
wow those posts hurt my brainzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
190e 2.3l-16v
230 Posts
I found one owner 01 CLK55 AMGs and one 02 for low to mid $30K range here in SO. Calif without looking hard when i was looking for a car for my wife.

For the same money or a few bucks more you can have an AMG. Gas will be about the same.

Why settle for less?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dude i was unable to find a nice clk55 w/low miles under $40k. Do you have any links to the ones your refering to? I'm willing to go up a few thousand for a clk55, if i can get a good deal. I mean if its around $35k and has under 40k miles... its sold. show me where

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess i didn't look far enough. i dont like blk/blk tho.. rather have pearl white/ash and those rims. but damn this isa really good deal.

2001 MERCEDES BENZ CLK55, blk/ blk, navigation, HRE Performance whls, 30k mi, salvage, very clean, like new, exc cond, no accident, $32,500

Attachments

·
Registered
CL
297 Posts
if you are worried about mileage turnback (believe me it is done on clk's and other mb's) i would suggest when you find a car you like, to get the vin # and run it on carfax.com. youll also be able to see if the car has been in any major accidents. carfax isnt 100% full proof as not all accidents are reported and mileage can easily be turned back in small increments but it is better than nothing

·
Registered
387 Posts
WestCoast5jabiz - 5/4/2005 9:45 AM

I guess i didn't look far enough. i dont like blk/blk tho.. rather have pearl white/ash and those rims. but damn this isa really good deal.

2001 MERCEDES BENZ CLK55, blk/ blk, navigation, HRE Performance whls, 30k mi, salvage, very clean, like new, exc cond, no accident, $32,500
It's actually a terrible deal considering it's a salvage title car. Stay away from that one.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts