·
Registered
2002 CL55 AMG, 1993 190E 2.3L, 2004 SLK320 Sport
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a question for ya?
I have a 2000 CLK430 convertible (non Bose system) and my stereo
system sounds like crap. I've installed JBL mids and highs in the doors
(6.5's & 3.5's), removed the stock woofer (which was completely disintegrated) from behind the rear seat. I'm just about to add a aftermarket amp (Phoenix Gold) and 2 8" bazooka tubes only to find out that there is no wiring harness behind the carpet in
the driver's side trunk. I'm thinking that all the wires come straight from the deck, because I don't have a Bose amp? Is that correct?
If so, I have to run a remote wire from the deck to the rear for my amps?
And I have to use the wires from the stock woofer, install low pass converter to use
that for my amp inputs?

·
Registered
2002 CL55 AMG, 1993 190E 2.3L, 2004 SLK320 Sport
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2000 CLK 55 AMG
137 Posts
Are you using your steering wheel controls?
Not yet, I'm going to install the rear reversing camera and connect it to the OE GPS aeriel then work out how to connect the steering wheel controls, although the the only one I really want connected is the volume up/down.

·
Registered
2002 CLK 430
191 Posts
Once you do volume up/down, it's only another 2 minutes to do the track change, etc. Unfortunately the modules to get any of the controls to work is...well, cumbersome. Great instructions here: Signal to Noise:Head Units - Marcus Fitzhugh

Rather, a bit finicky to get done, but once you've done it, it's set it and forget it (even if you disconnect the battery, etc).

·
Registered
2003 CLK430 Convertible
5 Posts
To be honest I would change the head unit first. I went this head unit as I thought it was a neat solution to a lot of problems. SPH-DA100 AppRadio with Large 7-Inch Multi-Touch Screen, GPS and Bluetooth for Android and iPhone 4 / 4S - Pioneer AppRadio
How do you like this? I'm reluctant to replace the stock head unit because it is so clean.. and the Bose system sounds damn good.

Any issues with this pioneer or is it all good?

Have you tried the rear view camera?

Thanks for any replies!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts