Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an SLK230 owner at the moment, but thinking about getting something a little bigger.<br>
<br>
The SLK is just about fast enough (acceleration) most of the time, but occassionally feels like it could do with a bit more power. I wouldn't want anything slower. <br>
<br>
It sounds like the CLK430 should do it for me :), but purchase and running costs would be a strech for me. Does anyone have the 0-100mph acceleration figures for the CLK320 and CLK430 (or experience of either of these and an SLK230) so I can get an idea of how the performance compares?<br>
<br>
Marty

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On paper the CLK320 is faster than either the SLK230 or the SLK230 Kompressor. The 0 - 60 times are about 0.5 and 0.2 seconds faster respectively, assuming automatics in both cars).<br> <br> I would say that the CLK320 has plenty of power compared to most cars in the UK.<br> <br> I am a transplanted Brit living in the US and I drive a CLK320 and find that I have enough power.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: CLK320 or CLK430 - anyone have 0-100mph times?

Thanks,<br> <br> I just found out that a friend of mine is getting a CLK430 in November, so I'll have a play in that and check out a 320 at the local dealer.<br> <br> Marty

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go 55

I don't know what the price differential is in the UK, but check out a used 55 if you can (I have seen a few around in California lately and would think they are going to start showing up everywhere now that they have been out for a year)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts