Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left side Window,mirror and seat suddenly stops working...bt the things is dat when i disconnect the cable of the battery and put it back again,everything starts working normally...and it happens again after a week or around 10days..
i replaced the electronic control module which is in the drivers side door...and still have the same problem....
can anyone help me with this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i took it for 2 mechanics...each one checked it with the scaner and worked on it for 2 days...and no results!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nop...since i dont have time..
another question...does the right side module make the left side one freeze?

·
Registered
2000, 430CLK Cabriolet
540 Posts
That's why you posted on this forum,
so that people can tell you to take your car to the dealer,
right ?
Who would be crazy enough to think of posting info
that is directed at your problem ?
Take it to the dealer--that's some great advice.
That's what forums are for.
Take it to the dealer.

Beautiful.

Here's a novel idea. Ignore the sages who tell you to take it to the dealer; learn to use the fine search engine on this forum; and find some info from forum members who actually work on their cars. There is an abundance of knowledgeable folks who have contributed to these forums. The forum has a wealth of knowledge.

·
Registered
Clk 320 2000 w208
3 Posts
the passenger side seat controls mirror adjustors and power windows all run off the fuse number 7 and a few others, just look at the fuse box under the hood, im no expert but its worth looking into

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,378 Posts
Snooker

First of all, ignore the advice above about blown fuses. That is ridiculous if disconnecting the battery clears this occasional fault. Fuses don't mend themselves!

It is true that the features not working are associated with the Front door control module DCM (N69/1). But if the module had completely failed, more systems would have been affected - ie, central locking.

I think that you may well have a damaged cable harness where signals from the DCM passes from the door to the car body. Posters here have reported intermittent faults which have been traced to a broken wire that had chafed by constant flexing. You might have to remove some of the exterior sleeving to find the damage. A simple re-joint and re-insulation could be the fix here.

Also, a problem on the left DCM will not affect the right DCM :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts