Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the Eibach Pro Kit from Tire Rack for my CLK320 Cabriolet, and thank you Luke... You guys are the best.<br>
<br>
It has AMG 18' Multipiece SL Wheels.<br>
<br>
What size Pads should I use? or keep the original pads?<br>
<br>
I just want the right height, not too lowered.<br>
<br>
Any suggestions ???<br>
<br>
Thanks<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which spring pads you select should be based upon which shocks you intend you use.<br> <br> I had the Eibach Pro Kit springs installed into my CLK320 in 1998, and the shop installed #3 pads at the time (both F and R). This lowered my car to a level that made it looked really cool, but reduced the travel-height of the Bilstein HD shocks I was using; the end-result was a NO ride comfort! Next, I switched to 'custom' Bilstein Sport shocks that are supposed to be designed for lowered cars; the ride quality was better, but still unacceptable. I then switched to #5 pads (F & R), and this made a HUGE improvement in ride quality, and raised the car up to almost stock height. It made a much bigger difference than I ever imagined! I am planning to go to #4 pads in the near future, which I think will be the best compromise between ride quality and looks. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to mention, my 'pad/shock trials' have been centered around the 235/45-17 tires (and 17'x8' OZ Racing Competition wheels) on my CLK320; not sure if my trials are applicable to a stock tire/wheel setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts