Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed that the collar of the plastic arm(rod) that attaches it to the right hydraulic roof lift is broken and the arm(rod) sits off the lift. There is not one on the opposite side lift. It is a pretty flimsy piece and seems to move up and down. I have attached a picture which shows the break.
The piece does not affect the raising and lowering of the top but it obviously must do something. It may be some sort of guide
Anybody know what its function is, what it's called and what is involved in the repair.
Appreciate any comments.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
It looks like a metal fracture, just below what is described in the WIS as a 'safety bolt' (item 4 below). I would bind it with gaffer tape temporarily.

No idea what it does.:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The piece that's broken is plastic and clips onto the metal lifter. I took it to the dealer service section today and they had no idea what it did and couldn't identify the part from their catalogue. So they are emailing the pictures to Mercedes HO for advice.

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
1,133 Posts
:eek: So much for taking it to the dealer... Becareful, they are learning on your car and money! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts